TWENTY | THE DOWNFALL

This is the closest photo of a real person I've seen to how I envision Felicity. I imagine this as GROWN Felicity though, like when she's in her late twenties. Also with black eyebrows & very grey eyes.

"How the hell long has this been going on for?" Diego said angrily, slightly raising his voice at his younger brother.

"Diego, can you just relax for a second?" Mateo said with irritation evident in his voice.

"Relax? Mateo, do you have any idea how lucky you are that this didn't come out when all of those rumors were at their peak? Do you have any idea how lucky you are that our father hasn't found out yet?"

"Do not bring him into this," Mateo warned.

"Him finding out is the least of your worries."

Mateo rolled his eyes, "Diego, you know me. Why are you treating me like I'm some criminal? You were out flirting with middle-aged women by the time you were 15."

"Every teen boy wants to bang a milf, Mateo! Yeah, I had fantasies as a boy, but I never actually acted on any of them. Why? Because they were fantasies. Fantasies are supposed to be kind of dirty and wrong, which is why they're also supposed to stay in your mind."

"Felicity is 18, Diego. It is not illegal for me to be with her because she is considered an adult."

"I get that, man. And honestly, if all that bullshit hadn't gone down, I probably wouldn't have thought too much about this. But our family just picked ourselves back up. Are you really willing to risk putting all of us in the middle of another fiasco like that again?"

"Of course I don't want to put any of you in a bad position, which is why I haven't told anyone anything. But I'm telling you, Diego, Felicity is the real deal. I think I love her, man."

Diego's eyeballs were practically bulging out of their sockets at this point. He looked like his head was going to explode at any given moment.

"Dude, I'm genuinely not into girls her age," Mateo reiterated, "It's just...her. I don't know, I can't explain it. I have never once given a second look to a girl more than a couple years younger than me—until Felicity. If I hadn't met her, I'm certain I wouldn't be interested in anyone else this much younger than me because it's not her age that I'm attracted to, it's who she is. It feels like our souls are intertwined, I relate to her in so many ways. And this didn't happen right away, feelings developed very slowly over time."

Diego's angry exterior began to fade as he watched his brother pour his heart out for the first time since they were children, "Mateo, I hear you. I really do. I'm sure she is amazing, and I want you to be happy. But that doesn't change the fact that this kind of relationship is very controversial. I get that there are plenty of girls who like older men, and men who like younger girls, but you are not just anybody. You are a Belmonte. And as a Belmonte, you have an obligation to maintain a positive reputation and image that upholds our family name."

"I wasn't going to go declare my undying love for Felicity to the media, Diego. But either way, I really don't think that people finding out I'm dating someone a lot younger than me will cause the public to hate our entire family."

"You're not looking at the overall picture, Mateo," Diego sighed, "Felicity was freshly 18 when she started working for you, you created some fake position for her here, and she didn't meet any of the criteria you have always hired people according to. People are going to assume that you already had an established relationship with her outside of BP, or that you hired her to try and pursue one. Obviously, I know that's not the truth, but they won't. And they won't care to uncover the real truth. That's just the nature of gossip revolving around public figures like us."