Epilogue

Tropicalbooklover  KrystalWolfBat  Ebony6345  juliemartinez82 

<>

Six months later

Astele shivered and pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders. "Gods, its so cold. Of all the possible times, she chose the night in a snowstorm. Then she leaves us to wait!"

A woman with a crescent moon hairclip joined her. "Have patience, child. It would serve you well."

"I am not a child," she crossed her arms. "Who even are you?"

"Lady Aurianna, The Spirit Walker. And you?"

"Astele of the Eastern Witches."

Aurianna nodded. "One of Lady Gwendolyn's."

Astele shifted her weight. "Uhm, yeah. Wait, how did you...?"

"Many Enderkin still know of the Coven."

"Huh. Well, I'm her adopted daughter."

"I heard she is very kind and generous."

Astele couldn't help but smile. "Oh, she is. She is a wonderful mother."

Heavy boots crunching through snow approached them and a black-haired man in iron-armor joined them. "Huh. Lady Myra called you all here too?"

"Yeah. And I've been standing here for a while," Astele stuck her hand out. "Astele of the Eastern Witches."

"Commander Nathaniel of the Hellfreezers," he gave her hand a firm shake. "And your friend?"

Aurianna gave him a reserved smile. "Lady Aurianna."

"She's 'The Spirit Walker' or...something." Astele added.

"I see. Who's she?"

Astele spun in the direction Nathaniel pointed. A woman in a deep-blue dress with black and pink hair leaned against the stone, arms crossed. "That kind of ignorance to your surroundings will get you killed, Astele."

Astele paled and turned to Aurianna. "Did you know she was there?" A nod.

The woman joined them. "Sora of the Gatekeepers."

Astele's blue eyes went wide. "I thought you were dead!"

"You almost sound disappointed."

Aurianna leaned over, a cup appearing in her hand. "Would anyone like tea?" Everyone shook their heads and she set to making a cup for herself.

Nathaniel brushed the snow off a rock and sat down. "A legend, a commander, a ghost lady, and a child. This is certainly an odd group."

Astele stiffened. "I am not a child."

"You look like you're twelve."

"I'm 14!"

"Please," Sora pinched the bridge of her nose. "Do not start bickering. To me, you are all children."

Aurianna smiled to herself.

Nathaniel crossed his arms. "Myra better get here soon. I promised Ayra I'd be home tonight."

"Miss your girl, commander?"

Aurianna sighed in relief. "Lady Myra."

"Spirit Walker," the red-headed enchantress nodded. "I'm glad to see you all here. We have something very important to discuss. 

"How many of you have heard of a place called 'Skylight'?"

<>

𝕰𝖈𝖍𝖔 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖉𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝕬𝖗𝖈 2, 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 4:

เՇђคςค