NINE 🌙

Jimin stood outside his boyfriend's room, unsure of what to do. He hesitated at the door of Jungkook's room, apprehensive about what awaited him inside. Their argument from the previous night still lingered in his mind, leaving him emotionally drained and casting a shadow of doubt over their relationship.

However, he couldn't bear the thought of staying away any longer. Summoning the courage to face the consequences, Jimin slowly pushed open the door, only to be greeted by the sound of running water. To his surprise, he found Jungkook in the bathroom, engrossed in a steamy shower.

The tension in his chest began to ease, momentarily forgotten as he admired his boyfriend's silhouette through the fogged-up glass. Suddenly, a shrill ring interrupted the tranquility of the moment. Glancing at the caller ID, Jimin's heart skipped a beat when he saw the name 'Areum' flashing on the screen.

Confusion etched across his face, but before he could react, Jungkook burst into the room, dripping wet and frantically reached for his phone, panic evident in his eyes as he desperately halted Jimin's actions.

Suspicion and questions filled Jimin's mind as his trust wavered, and he wondered what secrets lay beneath the surface of their relationship, triggering a cascade of doubts and insecurities.

“Kook--”

“Oh Jimin! You woke up? Did you had breakfast? If not then let's have together” Jungkook responded, immediately flipping the topic.

“I would like to but I'm here to inform you that I'm leaving for the shoot, So sorry, I can't stay for the breakfast”

“Oh... It's okay. Work comes first. Do your best, I'm by your side, Good luck” Jungkook squeezed his shoulders, flashing a sweet smile towards him.

But you never are. The one who is always by my side is Taehyung! Jimin thought as he glanced at his boyfriend. He noticed a mischievous glimmer in Jungkook's eyes.

Unbeknownst to Jimin, A devious spark had lit up in Jungkook's eyes. Deep down, he had been arranging a secret rendezvous with 'Areum'.

“Okay! I'm leaving. Take care” Jimin said as he pecked Jungkook's cheek and exited the room.

Time skip:

Jimin made his way back home after a long day of shooting a commercial, he couldn't ignore the whispers and murmurs that filled the city streets. Something was not right.

It was then that he stumbled upon a large crowd gathered near the L.E.D screens, displaying images of his boyfriend, Jungkook, intertwined with the renowned female idol, Areum. Shock and anguish flooded Jimin's heart as he gazed upon the pictures.

Without wasting another moment, he rushed back home, consumed by a desperate need to uncover the truth behind the dating rumor. The sound of his footsteps echoed in the quiet streets, mirroring the turmoil inside his heart.

His mind racing with a mix of emotions. The news of Jungkook's alleged relationship with Areum had spread like wildfire, leaving him feeling both heartbroken and confused.

As he reached his doorstep, he took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Jungkook opened the door, his face registered surprise upon seeing Jimin's distressed expression.

“Jungkook, is there any truth to the rumors? Please, tell me the truth” With a mix of vulnerability and determination, Jimin confronted him, longing for answers that could either mend or shatter their relationship.

“Wha- what are you talking about?” Jungkook asked, stuttering, pretending to act clueless as if denying that he knew what his boyfriend is inquiring about.

“Areum--... What is your relationship with her??”

“Oh... don't worry about her. She is just a friend!” Jungkook, taken aback, denied the allegations vehemently, assuring Jimin that the girl in question was just a friend.

Despite Jungkook's reassurances, doubt lingered in Jimin's mind. In an attempt to shed light on the situation, he decided to bring evidence to the table.

“Then what is all this??”

He turned on the L.E.D screen, displaying a dating rumor between Jungkook and Areum that had made its way onto news channels. Jungkook's world crumbled as he fumbled for words, trying to come up with excuses.

“Oh J-jimin... you're believing these idle rumors. It was a just friendly meet up. I don't know, who uploaded these pictures on social media. Such people have nothing else to do but interfere in the lives of others” Jungkook responded.

“Is that all Jungkook? Is there nothing but friendship between you and Areum?” Jimin asked, persuading his heart to agree on whatever Jungkook was implying.

“Yes, babe. Don't you t-trust me?” The words ‘trust’ rotted in Jungkook's mouth, as it meant nothing to him now, since he had broken one.

Jimin lowered his head in nothing but sorrow. Deep down, he knew there was more to the story, but he chose not to press further.

The incident left a bitter taste in their relationship, causing a momentary rift between them. Trust had been tested, and though Jimin didn't fully believe Jungkook's explanations, he also didn't want to escalate the situation. They both decided to give each other space, hoping that time would heal the wounds and bring them back together.

~

Jimin was laying on his bed, lost in his own thoughts, it was when his phone rang. He saw and found out that taehyung was calling. He answered it.

“Yes?”

“JIMIN, DID YOU HEAR ABOUT--”

“Jungkook's dating rumors? Yeah I did. Ignore them. They are just rumors that will cool down in a few days. Jungkook said don't listen to them” Jimin spoke in a flat voice.

“.....And what did you say? Didn't you ask him anything?” taehyung asked, taken aback at his friend's calmness.

“Yes, I asked. But he said that there is nothing to worry about. She is just a friend” Even though Jimin was talking with him well, but from his voice taehyung could sense the vulnerability and dryness in it.

“Well... Jimin, I know I shouldn't be interfering in yours and Jungkook's matters, but I think... you guys should reveal your relationship, publicly now” Taehyung said, hesitating.

“You know Jungkook will neither do it himself nor let me do it”

“But Jimin, you must think about what I said. Your relationship is hanging in middle like a seesaw. The only way to make it strong is to reveal about it publicly. And plus, it will become a guarantee for you about Jungkook's loyalty in the future and.... Doing so can save you from many disputes in the future”

“Okay, I'll talk with Jungkoo- wait-... T-taehyung, how did yo--”

“Okay Jimin, talk to you later” Taehyung cut off the call, leaving Jimin wondering that how did I find out about their argument. However, he decided to talk with Jungkook since he also was sick of this hide and seek game and wanted to claim Jungkook his, openly now.