TWENTY− ONE 🌙

Jimin strolled leisurely out of the mall after shopping in the various shops. As he was about to get in his car, he got bumped with a hard chest. He quickly apologized to the masked guy and began walking away, but the stranger called his name suddenly, insisting him to stop in his track.

That voice! he very well knew that who was the owner of it. He looked at him and the stranger removed the mask, revealing his familiar face. Jimin had already recognized him just by the voice and that face, it had imprinted in his eyes. And not to mention that familiar scent.

“Jimin!”

He called again but Jimin started to walk away. He stood in his track, blocking the way for Jimin.

“Jungkook, I don't want to talk to you, let me go,” Jimin said between gritted teeth. “You can go but first please listen to me,” Jungkook pleaded, causing him to melt a little.

“If you're here to ask me for some help then I'm not interested,” Jimin snapped, clearly unaware of the other's intentions.

“No, I'm here for something else. I'm here for my deposit, for you. Jimin! Jimin! Please come back to me. I'm alone, I'm messed up. You know about my  dissmisal, right? Jimin, baby, I've come to realize that I did so wrong with you. Please forgive me and come back to me. I need you,” Jungkook begged.

“Shut up! What do you think of me huh? Am I a thing or money that you had deposited it and now you come to take it back? Is this all a joke to you? Am I toy that you can play with whenever you want? And you still have guts to ask me to come back after what you put me through,” Jimin ranted angrily.

“No, please Jim−”

“I love Taehyung now and we're dating, so stop interfering in my life... And don't ever dare to show me your face again, I hate you,” Jimin claimed and drove away, leaving no room for Jungkook as he fell to his knees hopelessly.

~

“Huh? you came back? I thought you were going to be late,” Jimin exclaimed as he set aside the shopping bags on the living room table.

“I finished off the work early so I came back,” Taehyung said and glanced down at his lap. Jimin shrugged and made his way to the bedroom.

After few minutes, Taehyung also made his way towards the bedroom. Opening it, he found Jimin lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He approached him. Jimin sensed his presence and offered a smile. He didn't smiled back but instead lay beside Jimin. Slowly, he put his head on Jimin's chest and held his hand.

“Is everything alright, Tae?” Jimin asked, worriedly after glancing at Taehyung's long face.

“I'm scared,” Taehyung exclaimed as he squeezed Jimin's hand.

“Why?” Jimin knitted his brows in confusion.

“I don't know.. it's just... I don't know,” he muttered quietly.

“Taehyung, whatever it is, you don't have to worry. I know you'll be fine. I'm here with you,” Jimin cupped Taehyung's cheek and turned his face towards himself. He decided not to push the taller, if he didn't want to tell.

With that he placed a kiss on Taehyung's nose. Taehyung wrapped his arms around him and hid his face in Jimin's neck, causing Jimin to explode into a smile. Taehyung couldn't help but sigh as the memories of Jimin and Jungkook's encounter came flooding to his mind.

He knew he was being insecure again. It was surprising him that how just Jungkook's mere presence in Jimin's life made him insecure.

~

Since the encounter with Jungkook outside the mall, Jimin couldn't stop thinking about him. He had promised to himself that he won't care about Jungkook, but here he was, longing to see him again. He was worried about how Jungkook was doing. Days went by, and Jimin's concern only grew sstronger