11.

Panic. That's the feeling that was spreading through Lando's body. Worry was the second feeling. The person disappeared quicker than they appeared and Lando was left in the dark room deep in thought. 'What if they're lying.' Lando shook his head and left the room, jogging to his driver's room. When he got there he threw open the door, launched himself onto the mini sofa bed, and grabbed his phone. He looked through his phone contacts wondering who to call first. He looked through his friends' names and took a deep breath clicking on Carlos's name.

"Lando? Why are you calling?"

Lando felt himself tear up and heard a light sound of relief come from his mouth,

'Oh thank god, you're safe. You're not gone. Come to my driver's room. Please.'

Before Carlos could reply, Lando ended the call, went to Charles' number, and sighed, his shakey finger pressing the call button.

'Hey, lan!

He went through all of his friends in a few minutes, they were all sitting in front of him in his driver's room. As there wasn't that much room, they were all cramped together. Lando frowned and looked at Alex, George, Charles, Pierre, Carlos, Daniel and Max. They were all looking at him with a confused look, however with a slight hint of doubt in their minds.

'Lan, is it possible that you imagined this? I mean, we are all safe. We are here in front of you.' 

Lando's head shot up and stared holes into the eyes of Charles. maybe Lando did imagine it, but even he knew the difference between imagination and reality. and he wasn't imagining the person grabbing him, pushing him into a dark room. the overwhelming sense of fear that spread through his body. that could not have been something he imagined, could it?

'I didn't imagine anything, Charles. it happened. I swear it happened. I'm not crazy. I don't get it though. All of you are here, you're all safe. I don't know who else they could hurt.'

lando started tearing up, he was stressed out and it was taking its toll on the young driver. just before he was about to tell them all to leave, Daniel's phone pinged in his pocket. the Aussie pulled it out and gasped, dropping the phone. everyone turned their head to the usually happy, smiley driver.

'Danny? What is it?' 

Daniel bent to pick up his phone and gave it to the blue-eyed Dutchman next to him and when Max took in a sharp breath that's when everyone crowded around him and the phone. on the screen was camera footage. it was one of the cameras from their house. the big gates out front were wide open, or more like rammed open. the camera footage switched to the front door and there was a person with a crowbar and a black hoodie breaking into the house. it went blank for a few minutes and then the person came back out, holding their dog. the drivers all gasped, they could tell Simba was distressed from the footage because the mysterious figure seemed to look agitated. then the cameras cut off. the video ended.

'I think there is your answer Lan. they didn't mean us. they meant Simba.'

lando whimpered lightly as tears started coming down his cheeks. he looked at the brown eyes of his Spaniard and broke down completely. carlos was quick to wrap his arms around the man in front of him. Carlos turned round to George and nodded. george pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent a brief text to someone. a few minutes later there was a knock at the door and Lewis and Seb walked in both looking at Carlos comforting a very upset Lando. 

'what's going on? lando, you okay bud?' 

lando let out a choked sob as his answer and clutched harder to Carlos. the Ferrari driver felt his heartbreak. seeing his lando cry was the final straw for him. he looked up at the Mercedes and the Aston Martin driver and shook his head.

'some asshole has broken into the house and stolen Simba. daniel, show them the footage.'

so he did. he dragged the time bar to the start and showed them the whole footage again. lewis and Seb stared at it in shock. then they all saw the flash of anger that crossed Lewis' face. 

'How can someone do such a thing to a poor little animal? don't worry Lan. I'll contact our neighbours, I'm sure they saw something. they can go round to the house and check for anything out of the ordinary. in the meantime, we just have to pray he is okay and no harm comes to him.'

lando nodded, all of his energy suddenly drained. he wanted to believe everything would be okay, but somehow he had this feeling deep down. he knew something was off about the footage. lando raised a brow as it clicked. 

'wait. Daniel, what time does that say on the footage?'

Daniel was too busy staring at nothing to hear his teammate so Max just sighed and grabbed the phone reading the time himself. 

'it says it was 3 days ago?'

lando sucked in a breath and let it out again.

'it's staged. that isn't true. I mean, seriously. we aren't that stupid. I and Daniel were home three days ago, as were some of you a lot. therefore they are trying to break us. that means it has to be someone messing with us. they know what we love and they're using it to their advantage to gain some sort of leverage. blackmail. whatever they want, they're going to try to get. we can't let them get it.' 

...

A.N: ok so please allow this chapter. it isn't the best. it's messy. it doesn't make any sense. I'm writing at 11 pm and I have college tomorrow morning for the whole day and it's gonna suck. I need to do a presentation but I honestly don't have the energy to do it. I also am not that interested in the course I'm doing anymore. like at first my mind was stuck on wanting to do it but now I'm just slowly losing all motivation. anyway, that's enough about my personal life and problems.

I also wanted to let you know that I don't know when the next update will be. I am currently listening to Lights Are On by Tom Rosenthal. I suggest listening to it, it's heart-aching. also, there's a perfume advert on TV right? it has Timothee Chalomet (idk how to spell his last name okay) but anyway my dad goes, 'It's Willy Wonka.' I look up and I'm staring, flushing and I laugh and go, 'No. it's regulus black.' (I know this has nothing to do with f1 but come on I'm hooked onto my fan-casting of different marauders era characters bro)

anyway I better go before I start writing a whole ass journal entry. you know maybe I should do that. just create a book and title it my thoughts and feelings and just use it ya know.