~v~

*TW: Mentions of attempted suicide (failed).

•🏹•

Another day, more training. Geralt taught you how to climb up a mountain, jump over rocks on a creek, run through a forest as quick as you can without getting tired, and how to listen.

Your head swerved in a certain direction, as you crept towards the sound of screeching, hands raised. It crept closer to you, but then it faded. You turned to see a women in a cloak looking at you, and you shot up quickly, hands raised.

"Don't be scared," The woman said. "I'm not going to hurt you."

She removed her hood, revealing dark orange hair, as she tilted her head at you.

"You're a girl," She said.

"So are you," You replied.

"I'm going to Kaer Morhen," The woman said. "Is that where you're headed?"

She crept towards you, but you kept stepping back, eyeing her.

"I appreciate the suspicion," She said. "But be reasonable. Would I have gotten this far if I didn't know the way?"

She picked up a flower from the ground, walking towards you and handing it towards you.

"It's nice to meet you," She whispered.

"You-you're a Sorceress," You said. "Like me?"

"Y/n, who are you talking too?" Geralt asked, approaching you from behind and protectively placing you behind him.

"I'm Triss," The woman said. "Triss Merigold. I'm here, because your girl Y/n here, is in danger."

•🏹•

Present Day

"You ready, love?" Geralt asked, placing a kiss to your knuckles.

"Always," You said, as you both stepped through a portal and into a large library. A person automatically held up a force-field, yelling "Stay back!"

You both stayed still, green and golden eyes looking at the man.

"Who are you two?" The man asked, but no one answers. "I said, who the fuck are you?"

"We heard, we heard," Geralt said. "My name is Geralt of Rivia. This is my partner, Y/n of the Dragon Mountains. I apologize for the abrupt intrusion, time was of the essence. Triss Merigold sent us to you. She needs your help."

"She?" The man said. "Which one?"

"Me," You replied. "I need help."

"You're the Qyrgen," The man said.

"And you're a sorcery expert," You said, approaching him as he let down his shield. "Do you know about Xoigeilth magic?"

"Yes, it's supposed to protect the loved ones and protect the owner," The man said.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but it's sort of destroying me and the people around me," You said. "And now monsters from monoliths are coming after me."