~+v+~

"I felt his hand grab my shoulder," You said, as Geralt held you close. "Specters aren't supposed to do that, right?"

Geralt exhaled a sigh, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "There's a theory that the monoliths are conduits to other spheres, and your power is the key to opening those conduits. In Kaer Morhen, you portaled us to the same sphere the Wild Hunt inhabit."

"And left the door open on my way out."

"Mm-hm."

"Great. So now we have to go to Aretuza?"

"Mm-hm."

"But I thought you said it wasn't safe because of what you saw in the castle."

"It's the best option for all of us."

"Fine," You said, with a sigh, looking up and pecking his lips, before getting out of his hold.

"What happened?" Geralt asked, causing you to freeze. "Why don't you wanna go there?"

"Because it's filled with catty women who...who gossip, and get sloppy drunk, and have people claim that one of them is having sex with you and...and I said things to Yennefer that I do and do not regret."

"She'll forgive you. Who said they're having sex with me?"

"Starts with 'Yen' ends with 'fer'."

"You know it's not true, right?"

"I try my best to believe it."

You stayed silent for a moment, leaning against a tree as Geralt approached you, wrapping you back into his embrace.

"What if I'm just not good enough?" You said, almost inaudible, holding onto his shirt.

"Your power is beyond measure," Geralt said, stroking your hair and kissing your head, causing you to laugh.

"It's your job to say that."

"Y/n," Geralt said, pulling you back from his chest to look at you in the eyes. "This isn't my area of expertise. Perhaps you're struggling because you're scared of your abilities? Maybe, if you truly embrace who you are and your power...you'll be able to access it whenever you wish. And close all doors behind you."

He leaned his head down and connected his lips with yours, kissing your lips a few times, before leading you to your horse and helping you on. He placed one more kiss to your wedding ring, and you smiled down at him.

You both made your way to a lake, where there were ferries, and more people.

"Chain ferries are slow," You said, as Geralt helped you off your horse, one arm making it's way around your waist.

"Riding back to Gors Velen would take longer," Geralt said. "Besides, the passage has already been arranged."

"Well, if it isn't my favorite pocket-sized Queen!" Jaskier said, making his way to you and hugging you. "How are you? How are the lessons going?"

You avoided both gazes from your husband and the bard, just shrugging your shoulders.

"Tread lightly around the magic lessons," Geralt said.