is this a mistake

it's been two years since Simon and i separated. i've been out on a few dates since then but nothing ever serious. i miss being in a relationship feels i feel safe and at home and i haven't felt like that in a while. the only times i feel truly happy is when i see angelo and it's not as often as i thought when i had him. this divorce has been hard on everyone not just me. simon and i were together for 7 years we had a child together we went through so much that it feels weird not to have him around all the time. i am brought out of my thoughts when i hear my phone ring. what i shocker it's Laura: "hey Lau" "Adele i know it's last minute but any chance you would go out with me tonight? who knows you might find a new man!!" i think about it for a second and then i realize i haven't been out in a while with friends and this might actually be good for me. "sure i will go out tonight. i'll be at your place at 6" "perfect see you then" we hang up and look at the time. it's already 5:15 so i get up and get ready.

once i'm done getting ready i leave my house and drive to Laura's. Laura and i have been best friends for years we have been through everything. she was there to hold my hand when i broke up with Alex and she was there when simon and i separated.

i get to her house and she gets in the car and we go out to the local club. once we get there i walk in i see someone i recognize. i met him a few years ago but i don't think he will remember me. i have always had a slight crush on this person but never acted upon it because i was always married.

after a few hours Laura and i are sitting at the bar and i feel someone's hand land on my shoulder. i turn around and look to see who it is. it's him the man i saw when i walked in. he is looking me in the eyes and says "hi adele" looks like he remembers me. to my surprise he's even hotter up close. i feel Laura nudge me signally me to say something. so the only words that i got out were "oh hi r...."