₊ ⊹ ☆ Part Seven ☆⊹ ₊

Maria's pov.

I'm running. I'm so close to the school campus.
I'm out of breath, I have cramps in my knees, and my chest is in so much pain.

I'm finally back. I run into the dorm, and flop down on my bed. Trying to catch my breath. I curl in the bed, my chest heaving, my whole body aching and trembling. I saw my phone on my nightstand, plugged into the charger. I don't care enough to look at it though.

I'm free.

As I'm finally calming down, Enzo barges into my room.

"You're back.."

His voice sounded confused. Like he knew where I was.

"I escaped. Enzo I got out- I was kidnapped-!"

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I explained what happened.

"I'm so glad you're back.."
He chuckled in relief, and walked over before pulling me in his arms.

As nice as it felt to be in his arms again, something felt.. off..

He was tense..

After a moment, I pulled away and fell back onto my bed.

He left the room, saying he was going to make me something to eat. I just nodded and let him go. But once he left, I heard him speaking on the phone.

"How the hell is she back? I thought she was chained down, and locked in the room. She shouldn't be back. I'm not about to lose the money I just got, damnit."

My whole body stiffened.

He got paid?

I stumbled back and fell onto the bed, my eyes still wide with pure and utter disbelief.

Did he never like me? What if he put something in my drink?

Why does my chest hurt? Did I feel something for him?

My breathing got heavier.

Why am I so dramatic? I'm sure there was some other excuse for what he said—

"Ofcourse I didn't love her! The only reason I hesitated when accepting the money was because I was waiting for when I could have my way with her body. Duh."

Those words struck me.

He never cared about me.

My breathing is so heavy that I can't focus anymore. My vision started the get blurry, and my whole body was shaking.

I don't know what to do, what to think, and my whole mind is racing.

My body hurts.

Oh god.

I fell backwards into my flower pattern satin sheets, when the only words I heard were before I passed out were words that repeated in my head for hours last time.

"— But I promise I'll keep you as comfortable as I can here, Alright?"

And for some reason, I found truth and comfort in the thought of Nic's words, right before my eyes shut closed.

₊ ⊹ ☆ Authors note! ☆⊹ ₊

Hey! I decided to post part 6 and part 7 at the same time since I was a bit late posting it today, and both parts were hella short. There's a total of 11 parts, but I might keep it going depending on the feedback I get. Thanks so much! 💞
-Alice<3