14# ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ: ꜱᴜɴꜱᴜɴ

Flashback

Sunghoon |

As I entered the house, I went upstairs to share the news of my return with Sunoo, only to find him engaged in a phone conversation with Jungwon. Hesitating at the doorway, I decided to wait, not wanting to interrupt.

However, my decision to stay unveiled a conversation I wasn't prepared for. Sunoo's words hit me like a sudden wave.

"I did pretend to love him, yeah."

The statement echoed in my mind, leaving me grappling with disbelief. Were they talking about me? Had Sunoo been pretending to love me all along?

His next words didn't ease the turmoil within me.

"But now, I feel sorry for him. I know what he's been through, and leaving doesn't feel right. He needs someone. He needs to be loved by someone. He'd be upset if I just left now."

So, Sunoo is just here because of pity?

Unable to process everything, I silently retreated downstairs. Sunoo's revelation left me torn between conflicting emotions - anger and sadness.

I didn't want Sunoo to stay if he felt like he had to. But it seemed like he stayed out of pity, not because he really wanted to be with me.

End of flashback

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Sunoo |

I finished packing my things just as Sunghoon said. I still couldn't comprehend if this was real or just a cruel joke. I wished Sunghoon would come back and tell me it was all a misunderstanding, but deep down, I knew that wasn't likely to happen.

As I heard the doorbell ring, I went downstairs. Opening the door, I was met with Jungwon's smiling face. "How can you smile in a situation like this?" I couldn't hold back the sadness in my voice, tears threatening to surface again.

Confused, Jungwon asked, "What are you talking about?" Now, the confusion shifted to me. "Didn't Sunghoon tell you everything?" I questioned.

"He just said to pick you up. I thought we'd spend some time together. Did something happen?" Jungwon's words added to my confusion. Sunghoon hadn't shared the truth with Jungwon?

Unable to muster the strength to explain, I pleaded, "Can we go first? I'll explain it to you later." Jungwon nodded, and we made our way to his apartment.

Now at Jungwon's apartment, we sat down, and Jungwon, concerned, asked, "Could you now please explain everything to me?"
I began recounting the painful details. "Sunghoon told me to leave. Forever."

Jungwon's eyes widened, shocked. "Forever?" he questioned. I nodded sadly.

"What? Why?" Jungwon pressed for more details. "I don't even know, to be honest. He thinks I'm just there because I 'feel sorry for him' and that I don't even love him," I explained, my voice reflecting the confusion and hurt I felt.

"Why would he think something like that?" Jungwon asked, puzzled. I could only shrug in response. "It's probably just a huge misunderstanding. You'll make up again. There are always arguments in relationships," he tried to reassure me.