˚*❋ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟖❋*˚

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ '𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧'
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞

𝟏:𝟑𝟓 ───────────── 𝟐:𝟏𝟖

𝐈𝐈

'𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧'

"I thought I'd find you here."

Hari Moon stood on the balcony, the cool night air providing a brief respite from the opulence and chaos of the charity gala. The glittering lights of the city below seemed to dance with the same intensity as the swirling emotions within her. Her mind was a sea of conflicting thoughts, and the weight of her choices bore down on her like a heavy cloak.

The grand event had been a showcase of extravagance, attended by the elite and the wealthy. As the night unfolded, Hari found herself drowning in the suffocating atmosphere, not only from the glamorous surroundings but from the complexities of her own life. The relationship with Bada, the impending competition finals, and most significantly, the looming marriage to Sooho Hwang—all these factors combined to create a strom of uncertainty in her heart.

As she gazed out into the night, the door to the balcony slid open, and Sooho Hwang stepped out. His eyes, filled with concern, met hers. It was as if he had expected to find her there, grappling with the demons of her thoughts. Sooho had shown her warmth and kindness throughout the gala, slowly chipping away at the walls Hari had built around herself.

"It's a beautiful night."

Despite his genuine efforts, Hari remained torn. She had never wanted this marriage initially, and the events of the night had only intensified her internal struggle. It felt like a betrayal, even though she and Bada weren't... well what where they? The kindness Sooho had shown her made her question her own feelings, but the thought of marrying a man she didn't love felt inherently wrong.

Sooho took Hari's hand, breaking the silence that hung between them. He guided her away from the balcony, making sure she got into the car safely. His gestures were those of a caring fiancé, someone who genuinely wanted to make her happy. Yet, as the car glided through the city, Hari's heart remained untouched, and her doubts lingered like a haunting melody.

As she arrived home, Sooho continued to be attentive, ensuring her well-being. It was the kind of consideration that should have made her heart flutter, that should have reassured her about the path she had chosen. However, it only served to deepen the emptiness within her.