Separated

It was a warm summer day and the school was buzzing with excitement as the students were looking forward to the summer break. But for me, it was just another day. I had been feeling down for a while now, and nothing seemed to excite me anymore. I was just going through the motions of life.

As I walked through the hallways, I heard the chatter of students discussing their summer plans. Some were going to the beach, others to summer camp, and some were planning on visiting their grandparents. But for me, the idea of summer break brought me no joy. I didn't have any plans, and I had no desire to make any.

I went to my classes, sat through the lectures, and tried to keep myself busy with the daily assignments. But my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread as if something terrible was going to happen. I watched the clock tick by slowly, waiting for the day to end.

As the final bell rang, the students cheered, and I too got up to leave. But as I walked out of the school gates, I felt a heavy weight on my chest. I knew that the summer break was going to be long and lonely, and I didn't know how I was going to make it through.

After school, when I got home I noticed Karen and my sister packing up my stuff so I asked them what they were doing.

My sister came up to me and hugged me. Then she said, "I'm sorry but you're leaving tomorrow morning"

I ask surprised, "What? Why? Will you be coming with me?"

My sister solemnly shakes her head and says. "Sorry no, but I'll be staying here with Karen. I think it's time we part ways because your behaviors are holding me back."

I was extremely hurt as thoughts rang through my head such as I'm holding her back, stop being a nuisance, how could you have been so stupid, how could anyone love you, and you are nothing but a burden.

The night before was a difficult one. Despite being hungry, I couldn't bring myself to eat dinner as I was consumed by sadness. Tears streamed down my face as I lay in bed, struggling to find any comfort. I eventually cried myself to sleep. The next day, I dreaded what was to come. I couldn't bear the thought of getting up and facing the day ahead. But, eventually, I forced myself to get up and face the reality of my situation.

I was taken to the county building, which was a cold and unwelcoming place. There, I was put into a van and driven to a new foster home. As I sat in the van, I felt a sense of hopelessness and despair. I had no family, no support, and no sense of belonging. I was alone in a world that seemed to be moving too fast for me to keep up.

When I arrived at my new foster home, I quickly realized that I would be forced to grow up faster than I already was. I had to learn to take care of myself and be responsible for my own well-being. It was a daunting task, and I often felt overwhelmed and scared. But, I knew that I had no other choice but to face my new reality head-on.