Aloma's House

At the new foster home, I felt very welcomed

At the new foster home, I felt very welcomed. I felt like I had finally belonged here. I felt loved for the first time in my life since what felt like so long ago. I felt, happy.

When I first met Aloma, I was taken aback by her warm and welcoming demeanor. I couldn't help but feel skeptical about her intentions, wondering why someone would be so nice to me without any ulterior motive. However, despite my initial hesitation, I soon found myself opening up to her and sharing my thoughts and concerns with her.

Over time, I realized that Aloma genuinely cared about me and my well-being. She was always there to listen and offer advice and never judged me for my mistakes or shortcomings. Her kindness and compassion made me feel seen and heard, and I started to trust her more and more as time went on.

Eventually, I came to see Aloma as a true friend and ally. I knew that she had my best interests at heart and that she would always be there for me no matter what. Her unwavering support and encouragement gave me the strength and confidence I needed to overcome my challenges and pursue my dreams.

Looking back on those early days, I feel grateful to have met Aloma when I did. She showed me that there are still kind and caring people in the world and that a little compassion can go a long way in making someone's life better.

I ended up spending that glorious summer having nothing but fun. I ended up starting the next school year at Mary Ann Sanders Elementary with confidence and feeling loved.

I quickly made a new friend at that school. His name was Joseph. We played together. We went through ups and downs together; we were inseparable for the most part. I remember we got into a fair share of arguments as friends, but for the most part, it would be settled by the end of the day.

There was one fight, though that didn't end at the end of the day. I remember making a song about how much I missed him because the fight happened the last day before spring break. Looking back on it now, it was pretty cringe, but also funny. Anyway, we made up after spring and everything was going well until a surprise trip to Hollywood was announced by Aloma, which I was going to, unlike other trips where the foster parent would just take her "real" kids. For once, I wasn't sent to another house while everyone else had fun. For once, I felt like I was loved and belonged.