Chapter 4.1 - Declaration of War!

Japan, Central Tokyo, Minister's Office

9:12 PM | 19:12 Hours

"32 hours passed since Alervon returned from its conference submission.".

"I would also like to reverse the course of this conversation; I want everyone's attention to understand the gravity of the situation," the senator declared.

Despite the rain pouring down over midnight in Tokyo, the city retained its vitality. Locals continued to traverse the streets, traffic maintained its steady flow, and soldiers maintained their watchful presence on every street corner. The entire city lay under the vigilant gaze of the military, with the 12th Regiment tasked with guarding the ministerial building.

Within the building, half of the office workers had already departed for the day, leaving only the higher-ranking officials, including the Prime Minister, who was readying himself to enter his office.

Despite the quiet atmosphere, the ministerial officers were engrossed in intense discussions. The room was populated by elder statesmen, their voices laden with the significance of recent dramatic events. As the servicemen entered the room bearing dinner for the senior officials, the conversation transitioned between past and present, with the new intertwining with the old. The engagement of the missile cruiser had quite possibly saved their recent progress from being reduced to ruins.

Prime Minister Takahashi cautiously pushed open the double doors to his office. Inside, he was greeted by the sight of his administration engrossed in a heated debate. Many of them presented passive and aggressive suggestions, while others were somewhere in between. They spoke with frustration, offering various outlandish ideas to address the situation.

As he stepped into the room, the men in front noticed his arrival. Word of his presence quickly spread among his colleagues, and a hush descended over the room as Prime Minister Takahashi took his seat. The atmosphere gradually shifted from one of tension to a more composed and respectful tone as all turned their attention to the leader.

It appeared that the developments in the northern region were beginning to draw attention. Seated around the roundtable were several key figures, including the Chief of Staff, the highly regarded 4-star General Kenji Daisuke, a veteran with a distinguished history from the Sino-Taiwan conflict, and a few surviving generals who had witnessed and served in the fourteen wars that had taken place in northern Japan.

The Prime Minister had a sense that something significant was on General Kenji's mind, considering that the general typically doesn't attend major events like this. Seeing these prominent figures gathered in person, it was evident that they had crucial insights to share regarding the situation. It had been four weeks since their last large assembly, which followed the recent transfer of power months ago, with Prime Minister Takahashi taking the lead. The presence of General Kenji at this meeting seemed to bode well for their discussion.

Before addressing the pressing matter with General Kenji, the Prime Minister turned his attention to his secretary, who had brought forth two folders, one from the Navy and the other from the civil sector of the government. He chose the first one and began reviewing the recent information. After examining its contents, he shifted his gaze back to the parliament and conveyed the following:

"We are all aware that we have been grappling with a recent issue that has surfaced over the past two weeks and has become even more pressing, correct? I'd like to discuss this matter to resolve it."

He continued, "We have received reports of numerous phone calls from various foreign embassies here in Tokyo, and it seems that many of them are in open opposition to our recent policies. What's more, we are facing mass protests and riots as a result of these developments."