Chapter 5

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

The sun is already low when the wyverns carrying the group drop them off at the first camp base in the Ancient Forest before flying away. Jaune brushes himself off as Sophia opens her book for him.

Sophia: So our mission is to find a good place for a campsite.

Marco is already about to leave the base camp before he turns back to Jaune and Sophia.

Marco: Let's split up. If I find the new base camp first, I'll let you know, then just follow your scoutflies to find me.

The two nod as Marco starts walking. Jaune looks at Sophia and Flame as he smiles.

Jaune: Shall we go then?

Sophia nods happily.

Sophia: Yes!

Flame: Meow!

And with that the three set off, crossing the open area with the shallow rivers that run through the area until they enter the dense forest. Navigating the forest is no easy task, but thanks to Sophia, the group gets through it quite well.

Sophia looks back with a smile.

Sophia: Don't forget Jaune, collect as many materials as you can, you never know what you'll need.

Jaune laughs when he hears this.

Jaune: Yes, you're right.

The group comes to a fairly steep rocky area, but not steep enough to require climbing.

Jaune: That looks good.

Sophia: For the camp?

Jaune shakes his head.

Jaune: No. Sorry, I should have been a little more specific. I think this area looks good for mining some ores.

Sophia holds her hand to her mouth and giggles.

Sophia: Oh, stupid me. Then get some ores.

Jaune salutes.

Jaune: Yes, ma'am.

The two are silent for a few seconds before they both start laughing. Jaune walks towards an ore deposit, takes his pickaxe from his belt and begins mining the ore.

Meanwhile, the Huntsmen are watching the small group.

Yang: What doesn't Jaune have on his belt?

Qrow shrugs his shoulders.

Qrow: Eh Firecracker, these "Monster Hunters" must be able to reach everything pretty quickly. That's the advantage of being a Huntsman, we don't have to farm our materials ourselves.

Ren looks at Qrow and nods.

Ren: True.

Meanwhile, without anyone really noticing, Pyrrha throws a few death glares at Sophia.

Jaune breaks off a good portion of the ores with his pickaxe and Flame quickly collects them.

Meanwhile, Sophia looks around the area and makes a few notes. You will find a small cave entrance on the side of the area. She takes a closer look and discovers something that she immediately collects.

Sophia: Perfect. Threads from Mini Nerscyllas. We can put them to good use.

She takes a small stick out of her bag and starts collecting the threads. She puts the threads in her bag and then goes back to Jaune with a smile on her face.