Chapter 8

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Three whole days have passed for Jaune, Sophia, Flame and their new Scholar friends, Van and Housen. At least these three days have passed for them, for the Huntsman group about three minutes have passed.

Since nothing exciting has really happened these days, Jinn has decided to speed things up, the only thing they have noticed is walking, sometimes hiding and that Sophia is probably the cook for the group.

In any case, the Monster Hunter group has finally arrived in Wildspire Waste. The sun shines down on the group without any mercy. A bead of sweat forms on Jaune's forehead and slowly runs down his face before dripping from his nose onto the floor and evaporating instantly.

Sophia briefly leaves the car to look at the surroundings of Wildspire Waste from a small cliff. The group takes advantage of the opportunity to stop briefly and rest. Housen takes out a cloth and wipes his forehead with it.

Housen: Huh, we've been here many times, but today the weather is a lot worse.

Jaune crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow.

Jaune: So it's not always that hot here?

Van: Well it's a desert so it's already hot, but today it's particularly bad. Let's go on.

Van takes the handles in his hands again and Housen stands behind the car to push. The two move forward as Jaune walks beside them. Sophia, meanwhile, is still captivated by the view.

Jaune: Hey Sophia.

She turns around with a questioning expression on her face.

Sofia: Yes?

Jaune: We move on.

She nods and stands behind the car next to Housen and pushes. The group continues to move through the sand when Housen begins to talk.

Housen: We should be there soon. We've waited so long to get our hands on the evidence we need. Don't get us killed now, Jaune!

Jaune nods but keeps his gaze forward.

Jaune: Of course not.

Van: I hardly slept a wink last night! I'm so excited to get to go out and see this new piece of evidence.

Sophia looks something up in her little book.

Sophia: According to the Monster Hunter report I got from Commander Newgate, the slag that was found should be a little further in that direction. Please get us there in one piece, partner!

Jaune smiles and nods at her as they continue walking. As they walk along, Sophia continues to look around, a curious look on her face.

Sophia: This is so surreal, this region is so different from the Ancient Forest. The two are next to each other.

Van: Yes, yes! The Wildspire Waste features a mixture of dry land and swamps.

Housen: Which naturally supports it's own unique ecosystem.

After a few minutes the group comes to a small river with a high waterfall.

Sophia: Hey look, a waterfall!

Housen: Indeed. The Water filters down through the sand and collects in the lower areas, thus creating a mire.

Soon the group comes to an incline that goes up, which the group must go up. With a groan, Sophia pushes against the car to get it up.

Sophia: Oh great. We have to go uphill now

The two scholars and the handler push the loaded cart up with force. When they are back on a fairly level path, Sophia looks around a little and discovers an insect that she has never seen before.