Chapter 9

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

After three more long days, the group consisting of Jaune, Sophia, Flame, Van and Housen finally arrives at the gates of Astera.

You would think that the trip would have been at least a little, if not much, easier, having already traveled the same route for three days.... But no.

The trip back was actually a little worse than the trip there. For the most part it was due to the fully loaded cart being much heavier. So Jaune had to lend a hand much more often so that the group could make any progress at all.

Add to that the fact that he always stays up the longest at night to protect the others, so you can imagine that Jaune is pretty exhausted.

A little tired, Jaune hits the post of the gate to draw attention to the group. The gate opens with a creak and the group enters Astera.

As always, there is a lot going on at the base. Van and Housen drive past Jaune and Sophia and head towards the Research Commission. But before they completely disappear, they turn around again and look at the two of them.

Van: Thank you again for protecting us!

Housen: And for helping us! We'll let the commander know we're back. You can go and rest.

The two Scholars bow to them and then disappear behind a door of the Research Commission. Jaune and Sophia stand there for a while before Sophia pushes him.

Sophia: Hey partner, do we want to go out for something to eat?

Meanwhile, the Huntsman group looks at everything.

Ruby: Poor Jaune, he was awake for so long.

Pyrrha: Can't she see that he's about to fall asleep standing up?

Jaune scratches the back of his head, yawning a little.

Jaune: Sure, I'm hungry.

The two go up to the canteen and immediately order their stuff so they can start eating.

The Huntsman group is still watching all this, but Ren folds his arms and watches the whole thing with his head slightly to the side.

Ren: I find it quite fascinating in some way.

Oscar raises an eyebrow.

Oscar: What exactly do you mean?

Ren: That Jaune can eat so much at once. He has changed a lot in the time we haven't seen each other.

Sophia is currently engrossed in her meal, but still wants to chat.

Sophia: Hey Jaune, it was kind of a fun trip, wasn't it?

But she gets no answer.

Sophia: Jaune?

She looks up and has to start laughing. Jaune lies with his head next to his plate, his grip tight on his mug and snoring slightly.

Sophia smiles and strokes his head.

Sophia: Sorry Jaune, I completely forgot that you were always up later than any of us. Come on, I'll take you to the quarters.

But Jaune doesn't move.

Sophia: Oh dear, he's sleeping soundly like a log. What do I do now?

But at that moment a few Palicoes come, grab Jaune and carry him over their heads out of the cantine. Before Sophia can go after them, the Meowscular Chef grabs her shoulder and gives her a thumbs up.