Chapter 7

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Jaune, Sophia and Flame are approaching Astera, they are looking forward to resting and eating something.

The little wyverns scream as they approach the dock. Jaune is the first to catch up with his slinger and lands on the ground. Flame, as he did with the others, jumps off his shoulder and runs into the base to do his own stuff.

Jaune shakes his head at first before he hears Sophia's wyvern freaking out a bit. He looks up and sees Sophia's wyvern flying wildly and throwing her around.

Jaune: Sophia!

The Huntsman watch the whole thing with some amusement, they actually find it a bit funny how Sophia flies around. Pyrrha in particular finds something smug about it.

Sophia: Jaune help!

Jaune: Release your slinger! I'll catch you!

Sophie: Okay!

She releases her slinger and falls through the air toward the ground, Jaune jumps up and catches her in a Princess Carry while she's still in the air. The two land on the ground and look at each other's faces, both a little red.

Jaune: Are you okay?

Sophia: Y-yeah... thank you...

She stands up and stretches. Jaune smiles and stands up too, before following her to the table where Commander Newgate is already talking to the Huntsman. They walk towards the two and Jaune raises his arm in greeting.

Jaune: Commander Newgate, Huntsman.

Sophia: Hello.

The two turn to Jaune and Sophia and smile at them... at least that's what Commander Newgate does, hard to tell with the Huntsman because he always wears a closed helmet.

Commander Newgate: Hello you two. How are you?

Jaune: We're fine sir.

The Huntsman folds one of his arms and tilts his head slightly to the side.

Huntsman: So freshmen, what's the situation?

Commander Newgate: That's right, you've been hunting the Pukei-Pukei, what's it looking like?

Sophia: The Pukei-Pukei has been slayed sir!

The commander smiles and gives the two a thumbs up.

Commander Newgate: Excellent work putting down that Pukei-Pukei, I knew I put the task in the right hands.

Jaune: So what happens now Commander?

Commander Newgate: Now I have to send a team of Scholars towards the Ancient Forest. We will also send a few Hunters to protect them there while the Scholars do their research.

Sophia puts a hand on her chin.

Sophia: Should we take care of this, Commander?

The commander shakes his head.

Commander Newgate: No, you've already done enough today, I've already told Spike and Flow to follow the Scholars into the Ancient Forest. You should rest for today, I should have something for you both tomorrow.

This surprises both of them, but they smile anyway.

Jaune: Thank you Commander.

Commander Newgate: Rest or go on an expedition for more resources for your equipment, use your time well.

Sophia: Thank you sir!

The two of them leave the table and just walk around Astera. Sophia holds her hands behind her back and looks over her shoulder at Jaune.