Epilogue

(*Note: You must read The Promise and The Search comics to understand everything, or you could do some research. This story could also become very sad as well, but I had to explain why Zuko's wife wasn't mentioned in other Avatar Series. Despite that, enjoy.*)  

Two years after the 100 Year War, one year after Zuko and Mai's breakup, right after Zuko found his mother and she changed her face back to normal. 

Ursa: And after my face changed and I forgot my past life, Noren and I married. We built a wonderful life here in Hira'a, and had our daughter Kiyi.

Zuko: Wow...sounds so...peaceful.

Ursa: Yes... very. Tell me, are you and Mai still...together?

Zuko: No, I-I... she broke up with me...

Ursa: Oh, well, um...I'm glad you came looking for me.

Zuko: Wait, what?

Zuko reviewed his mother's words. Came looking for me. It hadn't been too long since he'd heard that. You'll go looking for someone, after you're crowned Firelord. And you will find her, but you will find me, too. Could this really be happening?

Zuko: Mother...?

Ursa: I told you everything... like you wanted.

Zuko: What about... has anyone recently moved to Hira'a?

Ursa: A couple of families, some young men...

Zuko: Oh.

Ursa: And there was this one strange girl... she didn't look Fire Nation at all. She was always gloomy, debating whether or not to visit the Forgetful Valley we were just in.

Zuko: Did she ever talk to you or Noren?

Ursa: No, but she did sit with Kiyi the other day.

Zuko: What was her name?

Ursa: She told Kiyi her name was Jaya. Why do you need to know all of this?

Zuko: Mother, just answer my questions, please. What does she look like?

Ursa: I did see her at the marketplace one day. She was short, had long wavy brown hair. And this weird scar spiraling down her entire body. 

Zuko: *whispers to self* Kuai.

Ursa: What was that?

Zuko: Mother, I'm sorry. I have to go, I'll visit you sometime soon.

Ursa: O-okay, Zuko..

Zuko ran away from his mother's new home and the Gaang shortly followed after, wondering about the commotion. (Toph was away at her metalbending academy, training her Lily-livers) Zuko slowed to a fast-walk as he paced throughout the marketplace. The group caught up with him at a fruit stand.

Sokka: Um, Zuko? Why'd you run off on your mom like that?

Zuko: How...how long has it been?

Aang: Since...?

Zuko: She's...she's here. Somewhere.

Sokka: Your mom? Yeah, she is. You just rudely ran away, remember?

Katara: Zuko, what's this all about?

Zuko looked almost as crazy as his sister did before she ran off into the valley. He was beginning to lose his breath with all the fast pacing he was doing. Of course, everyone made a path for him because he was the Firelord. So it was just him and Team Avatar walking back and forth through an embarrassing walkway. Katara grabbed Zuko's shoulder to stop him.