Admire

Darryl's Pov:

It has been a few weeks now since I officially became friends with Zak. Now that I've been hanging out with him almost every day, (because he be getting a bit clingy now cough* cough*) I REALLY haven't been able to get him out of mind at all. My mind is always stuck on him. It gets annoying when I'm at work, but then again, I also love the thought of him. I used to always look forward to going to work, but now I seem to prefer hanging out with Zak rather than working. Each other hour, I'm just anxiously waiting on when I'll get a word from Zak, and I'm impatient for a certain time we agreed on to meet up with him.

I hate how I have spent my free time reading texts from him, even though they're short. But I love receiving a text dedicated to me, and hearing his voice, it gives me something more to look forward to. I can't place my finger on it, but there's something about Zak that seems to drive me wild. I hate that I love the feeling.

Currently, Zak and I have been browsing around the main part of town. We have gone in and out of a couple of stores, but we haven't really bought anything. We're just looking around. Zak seems to really like observing and admiring things... it's quite interesting, really. It gives me an idea.

Zak then stops and looks at the sky, then at his phone. He says, "It's starting to get late... maybe we should go now."

I slightly panic as I want to spend more time with him. I then remember something. I grin and say, "Actually, I would like to take you somewhere. Now would actually be a perfect time to head there."

Zak raises an eyebrow at me in question. He looks off into space as he starts thinking. He then clicks his tongue and says, "Sure, why not?"

I smile brightly at him. I grab his hand and say, "It's actually not too far from here. We can walk there."

Zak tensed up a bit at the sudden touch from our intertwined hands. He just nods at me and awkwardly lets me drag him to the spot. Though, I quickly notice that he doesn't quite like it that I'm holding his hand, so I let go.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple of minutes of walking in silence, we arrive at a quite large park. Zak looks at me in question for a moment as to what we're doing at a park, but he just lets me guide him through the park. Once we get close to the spot, I turn to Zak and ask, "Can you close your eyes?"

He blinks a few times at me, processing what I asked. He then asks, "What- why?"

I give him a smug smirk and say, "I want to surprise you."

He furrows his eyebrows for a moment. But he relaxes as he lets out a sigh. He knows by now how persistent I am. I gently grab his hand and smile softly at him. I then say, "Come on, I'll guide you."

For a second, it seems as though his breath hitched. But it must be my mind playing tricks on me. Zak is a confident guy. He's barely hesitant, isn't shy, and very straightforward. He just doesn't seem like the type to get nervous over something like this, especially to the point where his breath starts hitching. (Little do you know-) Zak closes his eyes, and I start guiding him to the spot.

After a bit of walking, we stop. I smile at the scenery. In front of us is a bright blue lake, with a couple of trees surrounding it. This area looks the best during the sunset, which is exactly what's happening right now. The sun is slowly starting to set in the horizon, the soft shades of orange and pink starting to fill the sky. I quickly guide Zak to a nearby tree so that we stand in front of it. I let go of Zak's hand but quickly place my hands on his shoulders. I whisper out, "Ready?"

He just gives me a nod. I smile as I say, "Then, you can open your eyes now."

I let go of his shoulders as he opens his eyes. He blinks a few times before really taking in the scenery. A small gasp escapes his lips at the sight. I watch in satisfaction as Zak stares in amazement at the area around him. He looks completely in awe. In a hushed tone, I hear him say, "Wow..."