I Quit

Darryl's Pov:

It is the morning after Zak's rescue mission. Well... he was rescued, but I don't know if he made it out alive or not. Thank goodness I managed to kill Technoblade, or else I would be going crazy right now- searching for vengeance. I'm just more depressed. I didn't manage to sleep last night, and it feels like my energy is depleted from me, and that's not just because I didn't get to sleep.

Either by pure coincidence or bad luck, George came up to me almost as soon as I arrived at TDO agency, telling me that the boss wanted to see me. I was already planning on immediately quitting the agency since I have no reason to put my loyalties here anymore. It would've been almost convenient that I was being called to the boss's office if it weren't for the situation. I'm almost positive that they know about my betrayal and want to kill me or something. I'll be extra alert for that.

But what is confusing me is that George is walking me to the boss's office. He told me that he was ordered to walk me there, but why? A part of me wants to say that since I've never actually been to the boss's office before, George was told to walk me there so that I don't get lost or something. But considering the fact that I admitted to George that I wanted to save Zak- or Skeppy- since he is my lover, I don't think that that's the case.

Once we arrive there, I take a moment to look at the double doors of the office. I haven't even entered, but it already gives off vibes of a boss. I glance at George, who is just standing next to the double doors, waiting for me to enter. I sigh and finally decide to knock on the door. This is actually my first time meeting TDO's boss since I was never put in a situation where I had to meet him. This will be quite interesting. I hear a male voice ask, "Who is it?"

"It is Agent Badboyhalo, boss."

"Come in."

I open the door and step inside. The office itself is a lot bigger than Technoblade's and more decorated. There are bookshelves, a rug, and some wallpaper, which is weird since the walls of the agency are just plain white. Then, in the middle is the classic desk with a singular seat facing the one where the person that claims this office sits at. I look at the person sitting in that chair behind the desk. The Demonic Organization's boss that has taken over the agency at the youngest age ever in history, Dream.

Dream immediately closes his laptop once I enter the room, sliding it slightly away from him on the desk. He looks up at me and studies me for a second. Probably since this is the first time we're actually meeting. He asks, "Would you like to take a seat?"

I almost raise an eyebrow at that. That's... unexpected. Normally, we're ordered about whether we should sit down in front of the desk or stand up. Never are given a choice. I say, "I'll stand up."

Dream gives me a small nod and then sits back in his chair and says, "Well, I'll get straight to the point. I'm pretty sure that you have the idea that I'm going to kill you after the betraying the agency for Skeppy, your lover."

I stay quiet but subtly nod. Dream then says, "Well, you may be surprised to hear that one, I'm not actually going to kill you. And two, though I knew that you knew Skeppy in the real world, I didn't actually know that he is your lover. I wouldn't have found out if it weren't for George. Speaking of him- George! Come in here, please!"

I raise my eyebrow in confusion. I look behind me to see George stepping into the room. I look back at Dream with a confused look on my face. He chuckles at that. He then says, "You see, Badboyhalo. If George didn't mention to me your situation, I would've actually killed you by now."

"But... why?"

"Well, you see... it's because George and I can actually relate to you in some way. In terms of being willing to do anything for the person you love."

I widen my eyes at that. That's what George told me back at the warehouse. I turn around to look at him and see him smiling at me. He says, "I told you that I would only tell someone who would react positively to your situation."

I keep glancing between George and Dream in befuddlement. George then says, "To clear up some confusion in your head, Badboyhalo, Dream and I are actually dating. We met in the real world and fell in love. Then Dream confessed about the whole spy thing, saying that he can't date me or else it would put me in trouble since I'm no spy and can't defend myself. So I made the decision to join the agency in order to have the freedom to date him, even though it may still put me in danger, at least I can now defend myself and can be more safe with the security of the agency. Plus, I will have the freedom to be aware of what's going on and of any dangers that threaten us."

Dream continues by saying, "So what we're saying is that we respect your decision of betraying the agency in order to ensure the safety or your loved one. But now we come to the question of whether you are still willing to work for the agency."

I look between them one last time before taking a deep breath and saying, "No, I don't want to work here anymore. I quit. I have already experienced the dangers of having a lover from an enemy agency. So, I will do what I must have done a long time ago to lessen the dangers that threaten us, but mostly for my lover is to step away from the spy world."

Dream nods and says, "A respectable choice. Well then, here is your last paycheck for your hard work. You are excused and free to go. Just- you know, don't tell anyone about the agency. I hope your lover survives and that you can live happily with him."

I step over and gently take the paycheck from Dream's hand. I then look up and say, "Thank you..."

He smiles at me and then gently gestures for me to leave. I turn around and start walking to the door, passing by George, who gives me a soft smile. I return the gesture while my own smile. Once I reach the door, I put my hand and the doorknob but then pause for a moment. Without looking back, I say, "I hope you two also get to live happily the rest of your lives."

With that, I leave and make my way out of TDO agency for the last time. I'm never coming back here. That's for sure.