Chapter 40

You've been asking for an update. Here it is, also an announcement at the bottom, tell me your thoughts about it, otherwise I won't just continue it.

Jennie's POV

I stood up and went closer to Lisa. I held her hand to force her to look at me. Stopping her from going out.

"I don't understand," she said, her eyes filled with confusion, the same way that I do.

She was there, I saw her. I saw her looking at me like I'm no one. While I carried my son on my arms, crying while we waited for Lisa to get out from their house and went to us, to at least give us a chance to prove ourselves that we were her family as well.

"Jennie, please explain everything to me, because I know nothing alright!!" She exclaims, breaking down while she holds both of my hands, straightly looking at me. Her eyes were begging to fill her.

"Please!!!"

"Goddamit, I'm so lost. You don't know how I've been through. I was manipulated by everyone around me. I don't know who to trust Jen, and the moment I remember who you were in my life, you're already gone. You left me. "

"Li- Lisa," I tried to hold her face. My heart ached to how she could be in pain. I saw on how lost she was,on how confused she is right now.

But, how about me? I was hurt as well. All I have was my mother when I'm still pregnant with Leo. My dad was still in jail and was accused of fraud and embezzlement. We suffered emotionally and financially at those times. We were barely getting by.

And the moment I asked for her before, she just looked at us like we were nothing.

"Just forget what I said," I mumbled and took her hands away from me, and I slowly walked back.

But I was stunned when I felt her hands wrapped around me. She buried her face on my nape while she cried, I even felt how her shoulders shook.

"Baby, please. Give me a chance. I still love you, Jen. God knows how I always thought of you. How much I wanted to see you"

It hurts seeing her like this, begging me to come back to her. But what for? We were living the life without those pain and complications. I know I'm not happy living like this, but how about the people who were actually there for me. I can not be selfish and choose her like the mistake I made before.

"Lisa, listen to me," and I took her hands off from me, facing her properly, and my tears fell when I saw her full-blown crying. She was catching her breath while she looked at me with those pain eyes.

"We can not be selfish. I'm already fine, I'm recovering, and my family is doing well. Let's just focus on what's better for everyone, Lis. I've grown, and in times like this, we should think for others as well. " I tried to explain to her, but she seemed persistent when she shook her head and wiped her tears away kneeling down before me, while she held my hand and kissed it every time.

"Baby, baby. Please, I know, I understand, but we can make everything better. I'm here, I'm already here, and I promise I won't be gone again, and I won't le-"

"PLEASE STOP!! STOP IT ALREADY!!" I shouted, taking my hands away as I held my head and slump down weakly.

I'm losing all my strength, I felt too useless whenever I saw her acting like this. I've lowered myself before, and I can not just be the same Jennie that can be labelled -

Damn I can't even say it. Because I know I'm more than that, my son and I deserved a family who was proud of having us.

"You've had your chances before Lis, not everyone deserves it,"