Finding the Cause

Hiding at "donut lord"'s house, Sonic felt safer there, explaining to "Donut Lord" that this was a life|death situation, and he was begging "donut lord" to help him.

Meanwhile two people named Dr. Robotnik and Knuckles the Echidna tracked Sonic the Hedgehog to Tom Wachowski's house. Sonic was shocked there was an echidna trying to find him.

"Come out, come out,wherever you are..." the echidna finally spoke. "Oh shit," whispered Sonic. "It's an echidna.. great." he continued.

"COME OUT BITCH!!" the echidna started recklessly punching everything in his path and eventually found Sonic. "You.. apprentice of Longclaw." said the echidna.

"And you are?..." asked Sonic. "I am Knuckles the Echidna... I am destined to find the Master Emerald and destroy the Owls.. which means destroying you..." said Knuckles, and charged at Sonic. Sonic backflipped out of the way.

Sonic charged up chaos energy.

And Knuckles did the same

The two ran at each other, and their chaos energy collided

They punched each other speedily, one being stronger than the other and one being faster than the other

They punched each other speedily, one being stronger than the other and one being faster than the other. Sonic eventually got beaten up, as he gasped when Knuckles went to punch him.

"Say goodnight, hedgehog...." Knuckles hissed, and raised his hand up to punch, and Sonic put his hands in front of his face; but Knuckles saw something in Sonic. Was it his emerald-green eyes or his royal-blue fur? Was it just the hedgehog's manipulation?

Sonic saw the echidna's hesitance to punch him, so Sonic kicked Knuckles away from him (though his legs didn't feel so great)  and rolled into a ball and hit Knuckles, which knocked him way back.

"Ow..." Sonic silently said because of his weak leg, and fell down, but his hands caught him. Seeing the hedgehog's vulnerable state, the echidna wondered if Sonic got hurt. But he brushed it off as he charged towards the hedgehog, preparing to strike.

But once again.. something stopped him. The look in the hedgehog's eyes... a look that Knuckles knows all too well as he remembered the familiar fear in his opponents' eyes..

He charged down his chaos energy, looking down at the hedgehog. Sonic glanced at him in curiosity. "Well? Aren't you going to do it, Knuckles? 'Fulfill your destiny'? Come on do it! I'm weak!" Sonic urged Knuckles.

Knuckles couldn't. No, more like he wouldn't. There was a familiar spark in the hedgehog's eyes. Wait a minute....

< FLASHBACK >

As he and the rest of the echidna warriors took down Longclaw, Locke ordered him to go after the apprentice. Knuckles nodded and ran. Before Sonic ran through the ring, Knuckles stopped him, grabbing the rings Longclaw gave him.

"NO!!!" Sonic shouted. "DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME!!!" he pleaded. The second Knuckles glanced at Sonic; he saw a spark. It wasn't the chaos energy Sonic was charging up; and it wasn't his own either.

It was the spark of Love.

Sonic managed to get his rings back cause of Knuckles's hesitance, and left through the portal.

<FLASHBACK ENDS>

This was him. This was the hedgehog Knuckles tried to kill, but didn't. The hedgehog seemed to recognize Knuckles too.

"Hey, you.. you are the one who tried to stop me from getting to earth! Well big guy! How do you feel about spoiling your-" he was about to finish his sentence, before being punched.

"SHUT UP BLUE HEDGEHOG!" He shouted. But once again, hesitated. Why?! Why was he hesitating to kill Longclaw's apprentice? Maybe the innocence? Or something else?..

But out of nowhere Knuckles was shot with a gun;and was knocked out. Sonic was carried away by Tom. "We failed..." Dr. Robotnik growled. "WE FUCKING FAILED!!!!!!!!!!" He shouted in frustration.