Getting to Know Each Other

Knuckles apologized to Sonic and Tails for attacking them. They accepted his apology- and now they are 'Team Sonic' as Tom said.

Sonic & Knuckles had time to get to know each other, while Tom and Maddie were talking to each other. "Soo.... What is the Master Emerald?" Asked Sonic.

"How do you know of the Master Emerald, Hedgehog?" Asked Knuckles. "Clever... answering a question... with a question..." replied Sonic. "To answer your question, Tails- the little Fox over there, told me about it, but I wanna know more." Said Sonic full of curiosity.

"Basically... it's a big gemstone full of power to change reality.. its big power is to make thoughts become reality, and my ancestors had it in our grasp before the Owls came along and disturbed everything." Explained Knuckles.

"Yikes! If this gemstone is as powerful as you say, in the wrong hands- it could destroy reality as we know it..." Said Sonic, processing all the information that is given to him

"Yes. The Owls stopped my ancestors from getting what was rightfully theirs-" Knuckles was about to say, before getting cut off by Sonic.

"You still think that the echidnas deserved the Master Emerald? Knux! With the Master Emerald, the echidnas could've destroyed planets...and you still think the echidnas rightfully deserved it?" Asked Sonic in disbelief

"Yeah, of course I do I am an echidna after all hedgehog and..." here, Sonic's sentence fully sank in. "Did you just call me Knux?" He asked.

Sonic blushed in embarrassment.

"Y-Yeah

"Y-Yeah... it's a habit of mine to give people nicknames... heheh..." he said in embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's fine." Said Knuckles.

The boys stayed silent for 8 minutes, before Sonic finally said something. "How long do you think Tom and Maddie will take?!" Asked Sonic, groaning of boredom

"You are impatient, hedgehog. It has only been 10 minutes." Said Knuckles. "Yeah, I know, but I'm bored!" Groaned Sonic, laying back on the couch out of boredom

"Hahaha!"Laughed Knuckles. "Wanna tell me what's so funny?!" Asked Sonic, charging up chaos energy in annoyance. "I think your impatience is funny hedgehog." Said Knuckles.

"Stop flirting with each other guys! Your disturbing me!" Groaned Tails. Here, Sonic and Knuckles went red and looked at each other then back at Tails

"Tails! We are not flirting!" Said the both of them in unison & annoyance. "Yes...yes you are." Argued Tails. "We're not flirting with each other, so you shut up Tails!" Said Sonic.

"I'm the youngest, so I can always get my own way!" Snapped Tails. "Like being the youngest gives you all the authority." Argued Knuckles.

"Shut up knuckleheaded Echidna!" Snapped Tails. "That Fox friend of yours has a big head." Said Knuckles. This offended Tails. "Hey!" Shouted Tails. Sonic & Knuckles chuckled.

"See? Your FLIRTING! You love each other~!" Teased Tails. "NO, WE DON'T!" Denied Sonic. "We are not dating we are both single and you shouldn't even know that LGBTQ+ stuff 8 year old Fox." Pointed Out Sonic.

"My innocent mind has been corrupted." Said Tails. "I would not argue that fact." Agreed Knuckles. "Guys!" Said Tom. "We are ready!" Said Maddie.

"Finally!" Groaned Sonic. Knuckles chuckled at his impatience. "Shut up echidna!" Hissed Sonic. "No you shut up hedgehog." Teased Knuckles annoying Sonic, who crossed his arms in irritation, and Knuckles laughed

"They are dating aren't they?" Asked Tom to Tails. "They may try and deny it but they are dating no matter what they both say." Answered Tails.