•Chapter 1•

Alyssah Martinez•
(Side note: Mira= Meer-uh-)

It's been a few years since I've meet my two official best friends. Mira and Izzy. We all met in the sixth grade and became inseparable. No problems have ever challenged us so that's why we stayed so close over the years.

Now here we are, together going into Freshman year of college.

We went to open house a month ago and got a tour, and got settled into an apartment we plan on living in together.

I'm so excited to be with my friends forever!

"Hey Alyssah, ready to go?" Izzy says walking into my bedroom as I just finished packing all my things.

"Yeah," I take a deep breath. "Where's Mira?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows together.

"She's waiting in the car," She answers turning on her heel to leave the room and walk back out to the car. I throw my bag over my shoulder and follow her quickly.

The collage is a four hour drive from here to there, and the apartment is close by the collage so we have a whole fucking four hour drive.

I'm running to the front door where I meet my parents. "Oh my goodness! I can't believe my baby girl is going to collage!" My mom cooed through tears and laughter trying to linch my cheeks.

"I know! It's amazing how time goes by so fast! Yesterday it feels like, yesterday! It felt like I was just changing your diapers"— I quickly cut my dad off as my little brother Hudson walks in on his phone.

"Okay dad! That's to much info!" I chuckled and hugged both my parents. I walk up to my sixteen year old brother and tap his shoulder.

"What?" Hudson asks looking at me up and down until he realizes I'm leaving. "Oh...your leaving.."

It was a bit of silence until he said something very stupid...

"So does that mean I can have your room?" He asks.

"What?! No! I still come home and visit!" I shot back.

"Whatever all feelings aside, sis you better call me as much as possible. Like will be a living hell without you!"  He says with empathy in his eyes.

Okay this is when I start crying..

I sniffle before saying. "Of course! I'll call you when I get there and give you a tour!" I said chuckling through tears.

I wrap him in a bear hug and soon my parents join. We are all a sobbing mess,

Except Hudson. He's just trying to find some air to breath.

We let go eventually and I say my goodbyes and leave to the car.

Mira is in the front while I get into the passenger seat and Izzy sits in the back.

This is going to be one heck of a day!

Every so on, we would stop for gas, food, or to use the bathroom. At one point, Mira stops at a gas station where me and Izzy go to use the bathroom. But little Izzy wants to buy a unicorn stuffed animal.