•Chapter 11•

•Landon•

I don't know if I should be happy or jealous. I'm currently sitting at the dining table with everyone eating chocolate strawberries that Alyssah and Shawn made last night.

Yes they're just friends and I shouldn't be mad over this because u literally fucked a girl last night at the carnival but then again, we aren't buddy buddy.

Hazel was a swish and fling, I do it with almost everyone.

But god, these strawberries are so good.

Alyssah gets up and washes some dishes and her hands when Mira gets up too and helps dry the dishes and put them away.

Now it's just me, Izzy and my three best friends. "Hey Landon, did you say we have hockey practice today?" Noah asks from across the table.

"Hockey practice, I forgot you do that. Can we come?!" Izzy shook Conrad's arms.

Conrad started stammering looking at me for permission. "Yeah, but you will have to meet the whole team. I'm sure they will be interested in our friends" I said mentally rolling my eyes at the thought of my teammates wanting to be their friends to.

Gosh why am I so jealous, they're just my friends nothing more but one person out of the three girls always gets my blood boiled, Alyssah.

It's not like we have anything going on. We barely talk. Yes we have our moments like at the school trip camping but after we've been distant.

Yesterday I didn't talk to anyone but Shawn, Noah and Conrad because they are the only ones who know about my family.

My dad left me when I was eleven. But he still comes back home just to abuse me and my mom. My dad divorced my mom but still wants custody over me. He just comes to make our lives he'll.

My dad became an alcoholic when I was twelve. One day, my mom picked me up from school with bad news, my dad had a heart disease. If you didn't know, a heart disease cannot be cured so he has to live with that unless he starts eating healthy and doing activities.

Unlike my dad he didn't care, he had a bunch of junk food, drank more alcohol, and slept twenty hours a day. My dad even quit his job so my mom had to work twelve hours a day too.

And you might be wondering, why does my mom care about him? Because at the time. The new family my dad went with left him after a month and begged to come live with us again.

But anyways; my dad's alcohol got the better of him and started becoming abusive, my dad would take it out on my mom and if she was at work, he'd take it out on me. My dad a few days later after beating me and my mom up when I was still a scrawny little twelve year old boy got arrested.

The neighbors heard screaming and called 911, they arrested my dad for a life time and me and my mom now get to live abuse free.

That may sound like a happy ending but it's not. My mom works even more to keep us under a roof and get food. I offered to help when I was fourteen but she insisted.

She met a guy when I was seventeen which helped us a bunch. He was pretty wealthy so it's safe to say my mom doesn't need to worry about money, he and my mom soon gave me a little half sister which I was blessed with gratefully and I love her so much.