Chapter 32 - Cartel Trouble

Blanca's PoV

As I walk through the hallways of the university, I heard rumours regarding Aurora and a mysterious figure who would suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I assume it's Svetlana. But then, I heard yet another rumour about Micheal, the so-called best friend of Aurora who came from the same orphanage.

Svetlana did mentioned about Micheal before but I didn't think about any of it since I trusted Aurora. But rumours exist for a reason, right? Should I confront Micheal? Will I get into trouble with Aurora?

And speaking of the devil, here comes Micheal.

"Micheal."

Micheal smiled.

"Blanca. I haven't seen Aurora anywhere. Do you know where she is?"

Aurora and Svetlana went to Volin today so I doubt they would be here today.

"No. I haven't seen Aurora either. If you have any trouble, you may speak to me about it."

Micheal sighed before he looks around.

"I made a mistake. And I think there's someone out there is trying to kill me."

A mistake?

"What kind of mistake did you made for anyone to have your life?"

Micheal hummed.

"I may or may not anger a certain cartel when I went clubbing a few days ago."

A cartel?

"Did you had too much fun with their women or something?"

Micheal nodded.

"I just recently broke up with my girl and I thought spending my night drinking would make me feel good. But that's not the case! I'm in trouble. There's people waiting for me outside of my house. I feel like there's eyes watching me even though I am alone. What should I do, Blanca?"

I see. Such predicament is a scary thought.

"And why are you looking for Aurora?"

Micheal sighed.

"I just need someone to share the story with. Aurora is a great listener and she gives good advice."

Should I help this pitiful man?

"I will help you. If you answer my question in honesty."

Micheal's eyes widen.

"You will help me? Am I hearing things?"

I chuckled.

"Are you in love with Aurora?"

My question was direct. There's no need to hide in the bush.

"I used to. I confessed but she rejected me. We remain close friends. I learn how to forget about my feelings to her even though it's hard. But she seems happier with that mysterious woman who often appeared out of nowhere. Perhaps they're in a relationship."

I see- so he did confessed but Aurora rejected him. I smiled.

"I will help you. Show me the club you went to."

Micheal was shocked.

"But are you sure? We're dealing with cartels! What if they don't listen to reason and just kill us?"

I smiled. I find it amusing to see a man like Micheal cower in fear. If it's cartels, aren't they all under Damian IV jurisdiction? And that man worship my mother like a goddess. I'm sure he won't let anything happen to the only daugther the woman he worshipped.