- 1 -

Guys, comment ftr and where you're reading from;)

I stood in front of the mirror, smoothing the thin fabric down my body

I stood in front of the mirror, smoothing the thin fabric down my body. My nails dug into my sweaty palms as the air became suffocating.

Confidence, baby. Confidence.

It was getting hard to inhale as negative thoughts filled my busy head. Quickly alerting my gaze back to the mirror, the dress was an elegant piece of perfection. It was a short gorgeous scarlet dress reaching right above my knees with spaghetti straps, it moulded like clay to my curves.

I was still getting used to my body. If I had told myself months ago that I would wear a dress to a night out, I would have bluntly ignored the joke.

The last time I wore a dress was almost six years ago. On my parent's anniversary and it was floor-length. If I had half the consciousness I have now back then, I would've ripped that dress in half. Plot twist - it was not the dress.

It was me.

I don't know how I'm doing it. But I've managed to drop a few pounds in the past months. By months, I mean months. I was glad I hadn't lost any of my curves or the thighs I'd been complaining for years about. Yes, I was born chubby and I still am- but healthier and reduced the fat.

My heart pounded faster as I finished up my makeup and applied the mascara. I straightened my long black hair which flowed freely down the back of my dress. 

My hair wasn't curly or anything but it wasn't straight either. It was slightly wavy but nothing a little hair serum can't fix. I've always had long hair which reached my waist, Mom and Dad never let me cut it. Your hair is precious baby, not everyone has long hair so cherish it. I admit, it took me a while to realise what they meant, and now I can't imagine myself with anything other than it.

"Zara! Come on, we'll get late!"

Here we go.

Penelope.

or Penny, like everyone and me calls her a.k.a my dear elder sister.

Her agitated tone barged into my room. I let out a sigh as I turned around facing her in the doorway, all ready and dressed up. A dark violet floor-length dress, full sleeve.

She was a carbon copy of Mom. 

Everyone said they looked like sisters - Penny had inherited the gift of mom's rich dark-brown big eyes, even her same height and another few facial features. Penny looked more like our mom while I looked like dad- I had gotten his heavy foxy eyes, his dark hair, nose structure and even his height. I was proud to say I was taller than my elder sister and mom. Nothing boosted my alter ego more than that mere fact.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Come on."

I rushed out of the room, switching off the lights. Hurriedly grabbed my purse and phone as I slipped into my black combat boots.