- 20 -

Evelyn looked thoughtful momentarily, her gaze shifting to where Cherry was lost in her world on the dance floor

"Nah, it's all dry now. There's just no guys around, you know?"

I hum, trying to understand.

"Sometimes it's like that."

"Yeah..." She whispers, looking away and taking a large sip from a glass. "Other than that bastard, how's things for you?"

I release a sigh, "Assignments, seminars and midterms. That's all. And I'm worried Pen hasn't called me back in two days - she seems busy. My mom and dad are still in New York."

I may have missed it if I looked away but she stilled.

Just like I did.

"Oh, that's something! It's okay, things will work out for you, love."

"I know." I smile naturally before grabbing her hands, "Now let's go dance!"

Evelyn laughs behind me as she trails behind me to the packed dance floor. We make our way to the middle of it before the beat changes and the lights turn red. I sway my hips to the beat keeping my hands above my head as Evelyn runs her hands through her hair grooving.

This feels so good. Nick taught me this. I still remember that night. Of course, I do.

"What's Nick doing? Haven't seen him in so long!"

"Nick's so fucking busy nowadays - he's preparing to take over his dad's business." She shouts over the music.

I nod swiftly. Damn.

We dance and laugh some more. It's a fun time, okay? I have no idea how long I've been here. Cherry ain't around anymore, I'm sure she's somewhere here though — wooing some guy.

I eventually lose myself to the beat with Evelyn. She doesn't leave my side - guarding me.

The floor gets even more packed as more people come onto the floor. Some people dancing, some were making out, and some trying to talk. It's euphoric in here. I slide my hands all over my body feeling the music and roll my shoulders to the beat.

Suddenly, a hand came around Evelyn's waist. At first, I wanted to tease her. Her eyebrows scrunches and she turns around to look at him.

He's not very tall. A huge-ass fuck gold chain over his neck and cap on his head. Brunette. A smug expression. His face is asymmetric and his lips are dry and white.

She tries to take his hands over her waist - but he only tightens it. "Take your fucking hands off me, you bastard!" She yells over the loud music.