- 2 -

The condensation on the surface of the beer glass glistens, hinting at the refreshing chill that awaits

The condensation on the surface of the beer glass glistens, hinting at the refreshing chill that awaits. As I bring the glass to my lips, the aroma of hops and malt dances in the air, a fragrant prelude to the upcoming indulgence. The liquid bubbles down my throat as I gulp it down slip after slip. Classic tiger.

It's strong and bitter, and I feel spread down my chest, as I breathe heavier trying to inhale more oxygen into my lungs. It feels so suffocating in here, filled with people. Moreover, the loud music thundering off the walls made my heart beat faster. 

The weight of the glass in my hand adds to grounding the experience. I grip the glass in my hands, almost steadying myself with it. God, I really hate these crowds. The familiar hum of conversation and laughter around me became a gentle backdrop to this moment of tiny enjoyment.

"Thirsty, huh?"

"Not really, just the alcohol kick." I retort, looking around.

Nick stared at me. His thunder-blue eyes look into my dark ones.

A few strands of his elegantly combed long hair hung over his forehead. A few tattoos crawled up his arms and wrist. He wore a loose grey button-down shirt with black pants and a large, massive silver chain hanging from his neck. The first few buttons were open, revealing his chiselled chest - I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, Jordan's in white.

"You're checking me out." A grin slashed across his lips. Never mind, he ain't cute. Hot. The whole 'party-boy' thing is kinda hot.

"Am I?" Our eyes meet.

"Mmm. Want me to show you around the house?"

There it is. Indirect invitation.

"I would like you to show me around the people." I counter, taking a sip from the bottle.
Nick throws his head back and laughs. He steps closer to me, a hand on his beer and the other around my shoulders.

"I see. You're the silent observer, aren't you?"

His tone was filled with playful mischief. "Not really, just want to know the people before they know me." I meet his eyes again, he takes a sip from his beer meeting my eyes before shifting his gaze to some guys sitting around the kitchen counters.

"Since you've already met some of the girls. I'll fill in on my guys." His eye meets mine for a second before he continues again.

"That fucker sitting on the counter losing is Kaz."

A guy sat on top of the counter sitting next to another guy. Three whole decks of cards scattered between them. Both of them are in heavy focus and tension.

He was quite buff and built, the sides of his head shaved with long hair on top falling to the sides. Quite a fashionista. A simple black T-shirt and jeans. Looked grumpy and pissed at whatever game he was 'losing' like wanted to gauge the opponent's eyes out. Jesus.