- 3 -

She stills, keeping her eyes on me but her movements keep going as she twirls and dances her heart out

Her neck turns red as her dilated eyes start blinking, struggling to hold my relaxed stare. Her dark eyes shine almost watery, and her breathing accelerates. Her chest rises and falls as she inhales deeply.

Up. Down. Up. Down.

My eyes are glued to her body as she dances. Her chest bulging against her dress which trailed down to the curve of her ass. Fuck

For a moment, the music blurs, the flashing spotlights dim, people's screams quiet and the only thing that remains is my stare.

My inner demons starting to feed off her trembling and her dewy eyes. This was... odd. 

I'd dated and fucked many women over the past years, from infamous models to royalty princesses. No fucking kidding. No girl I've spent time with could manage to capture my mind. At least, not like this. Most of all, my utter-most deepest locked away demons.. the ones I suppress every fucking day.

Her eyes.

Those curves?

No, she would run for the hills once she realises them. The same demons I try to deny by twisting someone's neck off every day. 

She would bolt even before I could ravish and devour her tempting little body. I would make her scream so loud that the bright gleam in her eyes would later vanish and she would fall on her knees begging for more. She'll never be the same again.

"Seriously man? The girl is probably 130 pounds and you're like 300, you're going to fucking break her."

Despite the temptation, I averted my eyes and calmed my tensed shoulders. 

I can feel Zara staring at me for a moment before she gracefully takes the centre of the dance floor, moving to the rhythm with an effortless blend of confidence and joy. Innocent little thing, she is. Her dress sparkles in the dim lights, and she twirls, sways, and glides to the music, casting a magnetic spell on everyone around.

"Look what the cat dragged in," I reply dryly.

Turning my head, the first thing that comes to my vision is his silk black button-down with black slacks. His signature look. And the dice rolling between his tatted fingers. Ezra. 

We were the same age and huh, the glory of the years he was stuck with me. The second thing I notice is the annoying look of satisfaction on his face. The smirk. The audacity.

His only response.

"Ahh, lost tonight's fight again?"

Nick's dramatic voice rings again next to my ears. His playful look is wiped off when I freeze him with a piercing stare.