Chapter 5

Dreaming....

In Lamb's dream, she was standing before her master and his attendants.

The One Who Waits: Well done Lamb. Leshy may have been the youngest of my siblings but he was by no means weak. And the fact that you bested him shows me that investing in your growth was a wise decision for me.

Lamb: Thank you Master. Your compliments and criticisms are always welcomed.

The One Who Waits: Good. And there's another matter that we need to discuss concerning that human you've recently indoctrinated.

Lamb: What about him my Lord?

The One Who Waits: There's rarely anything in this world that surprises me but the fact that a human still exists to this day is quite surprising.

Lamb: You know about Flukey's kind my Lord?

The One Who Waits: Of course I do. I was present during the Era of "The World Before".

This raised Lamb's curiosity. 

Lamb: The World Before? 

The One Who Waits: Yes. The era when Flukey's kind was the dominant species in the world. In the time period, you and I would've been regarded as inferior.....as "pets". Some humans treated us with love and respect, others treated us with contempt, abuse, and neglect. Given how Flukey's acted with you and your followers I'd like to believe his actions are genuine.

Lamb: Me too. And how did the human race come to an end? 

The One Who Waits: So many things: War, Disease, Famine, there were many things that brought humanity's end and the gods that they worshipped withered away as well. 

Lamb: I see. Is it possible that there are other humans besides Flukey?

The One Who Waits: It's very possible but I wouldn't count on it. Just chalk up Flukey up to being a lucky encounter and continue to fulfill your duty to me and to your cult. 

Lamb: Of course my Lord. 

With that, their talk ended and Lamb started to wake up from her dream. 

Reality....

Now waking up, Lamb got up from her bed and stretched as she yawned a bit and took a quick bath before getting herself some breakfast with her followers. 

While eating, her eyes were focused on Flukey, who was eating as well. 

Remembering what The One Who Waits said about Flukey's race, she wondered if Flukey really was a kind and caring or just playing her for a fool though in her heart she believed that Flukey was one of the good humans.

She just wanted to be absolutely sure that Flukey was solid. 

So after breakfast, she told him that they were going out to scavenge for the cult and Flukey was fine with that. 

Once he was ready, they set off.

This little trip would give Lamb some more insight on Flukey's intentions and capabilities and spend more time with him in the process.