ch.11.Dobbly the elf

(31 July)

Between panel meetings, endeavour in tedious politics in a stuffy room with old farts and going through the Le Fay accounting books, family registration,taxes, bills and old royalties and looking after several dozen children i was spent.

Not to mention I had to leaf through Howard, Vanya, my elves', Alicia's reports, building the golems, had to have tea with Slewyn early morning today and then do the goddamned homework!

Mama I'm never becoming a desk worker! I'd rather slave away in operation theatres for some government hospitals being threatened by the senior members instead!

That was when I decided I'm going to do the most dreadful thing one could do.....ask Ruby to do my homework!

Of course I was sly about it and told her that i wanted her to study more. She was taught from a young age by Vanya but what's more teaching than home- erm assignments!

I opened up the Library, where Vanya somehow spent the better part of his day even after the work I gave him. Ruby needs all the resources she can use.

"It's just a couple old wizards talking gossip for a few hours and Freya and Ruby help me make those reports so I'm mostly free, i have taught them well" he said when I enquired him, did I hear smugness in his voice?

"What? Me? become the Librarian" Say yes pweety pwease? was what i wanted to say.

"I'll open ze restricted section for you, I know you've been eyeing them for a while. And all you have to do is zit at a desk reading and hiss 'sshh' at anyone who breathes a bit too loud" I pleaded

"What even are those urchins going to do here!"

"We'll zhey are kids, it'll probably be just a way to pass time for them" I said and the Great Sapientiae sanctuarium i.e wisdom's library was opened under my strict orders and threats of severe punishment upon mishandling the precious texts.

It will certainly distract those lovable little heathens I've taken under my batty wings.

Now my dear Freya could leisurely research and do the homework which I'll later copy in my handwriting through a special blood bound quill, I just wished the quill wouldn't talk so much tho.

"Did you see Howard by ze way?" I asked him the evening as we headed towards the dinning hall.

"If it is about buying the school supplies for the kids you're sponsoring at Hogwarts under his name, he's already made the registration at Hogwarts"

"Right, little Jeremy, Xavier,Nathan and Minerva who was ze last girl?" I asked counting off the students we were sending to Hogwarts.

They were currently catching up with their 1st and 2nd year with Freya and Ruby teaching them.

Vanaya did indeed teach her a lot of nothing else.

"Athena, she's 11 and smartest by far" she was one of the 5 Hogwarts age non squib in the bunch.

"You know for a grumpy old man, you sure dote on those little demons" i smiled at him only to dodge a stinging hex a moment later.

#######

Somehow Sunday brought more stress for me, I had to visit Dudley and play with him and his gang of ruffians who i somehow ended up telling I knew martial arts and no! It wasn't kung-fu! Stop idolising the kung-fu panda kids, the training was harsh!

So now I was stuck teaching them a little this and a little that, though i didn't expect Dudley to turn out so exceptional when it came to sports similar to wrestling like judo, although piers his skinny buddy was more of a tawkdondo style.