10

After Quentin and his husband had their time with Reina, they left out. Genesis got Reina's attention by hugging her from behind and kissing her cheek. "Hey can we talk for a moment babe?"

She looked up at him and nodded her head. "Sure thing Gen."

When they got to the living room and Genesis was cuddling with her, he laced his fingers with hers. "I know you're good friends with that guy, I can tell by how protective he is of you and all, but he's been giving me red flags since he and I had a bad introduction to one another."

"He had mentioned how you two met wasn't ideal. But do you really think his friendship is toxic?"

Genesis nodded his head. "I do."

Reina tilted her head to the side as she looked at Genesis. "Can I ask why you think that? I've been friends with him for the last two years Genesis and he's been nothing but a sweet heart to me."

Genesis got his phone out and he showed her a recording that he had taken when he had a one on one talk with Quentin.

"Alright, why the hell do you want to talk to me for? I have other business that has nothing to do with a dumb ass like yourself."

"I wanted to know why you have it against me, I've done nothing wrong towards you and you're acting like a complete dick towards me."

Reina heard Quentin give a hysterical laugh before he spoke darkly "You don't deserve to be around Reina, you're only going to make things worse for her. I don't care just what you are to her or the fact that you are the inspiration for her books. She is like a big sister to me and I'm NOT allowing anyone get close to her that I don't think deserve to be around her. I've heard all about the fact that you two are high school friends and childhood friend. I don't care about that, what I care about is keeping her from stop writing the books she writes to keep me afloat."

"What makes you think that I'll ever do anything that'll make her stop writing?"

"She outright told me the moment that you and her end up together she'll stop writing since it was a way to keep herself from thinking too much about your dumb ass. If you end up with her, she'll never write another book again. I NEED her to write, I need her to continue to think that she's too much of a loser for your stupid ass."

"Wait-wait-wait, you think that my beautiful, amazingly talented childhood friend...is a loser? Yet you're friends with her??"

The hysterical laughter happened again. "Oh you think that I'm friends with her because I want to be? How else am I supposed to keep that stupid woman on a leash?! She's just a pond in my life. The only person I care about his my husband and myself, everyone else can go to hell! Now be a good stupid rock star and keep the fuck away from her!"

The recording stopped and Reina placed her head against his chest as she sobbed out against Genesis, she didn't think that Quentin would say such horrible things about her to Genesis and think so horrible of her. Reina knew she'd have to get rid of Quentin and she knew the best way to do it. As she calmed herself down she looked up at Genesis. "I will get rid of him, but not instantly, I want them to realize they can't make me into a puppet."

Genesis raised an eyebrow at Reina. "Oh and how do you suppose you're going to do that?"

"Easy, on the talk show I'm going on with your sexy ass. I'm going to call them out and he's going to be called out on all of his bull shit. I want you to play that recording for the entire world to hear. I don't care if they get out of the work they are in. I was dead serious about never writing again once I end up being with you."