⁰⁰² playgrounds and battlefields

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋
┍━━━━━━━━━━━»•» 𝓬𝓸𝔃𝓶𝓲𝓺𝓾𝓮 «•«━━━┑

"the boys the girls they all like carmen, she gives them butterflies bats her cartoon eyes, she laughs like god her mind's like a diamond, audio tune lies she's still shining, like lightning ohh white lightning"

—lana del rey

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

DEYANIRA SAT HUGGING Coriolanus tightly afraid that if she'd let him go, he'd run off like he did to District 12, but this time he wouldn't come back just like her brother. She squeezed him tighter.

Her sobbing had stopped a while ago, but she couldn't bring herself to release his embrace. It was one of those rare moments that Coryo showed he did care for her in some capacity, and it wasn't just in her head.

Coriolanus on the other hand found no objection to the intimacy between him and Dey. If anything, he found some comfort in it, he hadn't hugged anyone like this since...

He wasn't supposed to think about her anymore.

"Do you want a glass of water, or food, or anything?" Deyanira's voice rang out saving Snow once again from his thoughts, he nodded his head absentmindedly looking at her face and the little smile that seemed to grace her lips whenever he showed her a simple kindness. He liked how easily she would give in to him if he gave her a sprinkle of love – not that he would call it that – but to her, it was just that. Proof that he cared for her.

While Deyanira went to get some food and water Coriolanus sat there. Now that he knew he was somewhat in Dey's good graces he needed to talk to her father Strabo. He had a plan, and he intended to follow it through to the end and for him to win he needed the Plinth's on his side. So, despite the guilt he felt for Sejanus's death, it was a necessary sacrifice for him. Now he just had to play the sympathy card, which had already seemed to work on Deyanira so he had full confidence it would also work on her parents.

If any one of them were going to see through his façade it would have been Deyanira, and she hadn't, so he was one step closer.

And as if Snow had summoned him Strabo Plinth walked through the door to the drawing room.

"Ah, Coriolanus my boy, I thought someone was here." Coriolanus had to physically stop himself from reacting to the endearment of 'my boy' Strabo had used. He hated it because he wasn't a Plinth, He was a Snow. "Did Deyanira let you in?"

"Yes Sir" He stood ever politely to shake the man's hand nice and firmly with a sympathetic smile covering his face disguising his contempt. "I actually would like to talk to you, Sir".

"Pa?" Deyanira grasped their attention having returned to the room holding a tray of food and two glasses of water.

It was the little things like the word Pa that were indicators that no matter how much the Plinth disguised themselves in Capitol jewels and fabrics they would always be District-born. They would never escape their roots.