4

The next day Louis could feel the headache right after he woke up.
"Not again." he whined as he got out of bed, making his way into the bathroom to get ready.
He didn't even realize that he had gotten messages from Harry until he grabbed his phone to look at the time.

Unknown: Hey, it's Harry.
Unknown: Are you asleep already?
Unknown: You were probably tired after our date.
Unknown: Okay, I'll leave you to it.
Unknown: Sleep well. x
Unknown: Good morning. I hope you have a good day at work.

Louis couldn't help but smile at Harry's texts. It was so nice to see that he cared about him. Someone actually cared about him!

He immediately texted back.

Louis: Sorry, I fell asleep quick.
Louis: I hope you slept well and that today will be a good day. x

Louis put his phone down, knowing he had to get ready. He couldn't stay home because he needed money to get by.

Louis was at work, but he wasn't really able to work. The lights were just making his headache worse and he felt nauseous just like he did yesterday. This time he didn't throw up though.

When finally evening came around, he changed and took out his phone. There was no messages from Harry, so he just decided to catch a bus and go home.

When he arrived home he went over to his bed, falling on top of it.
He was just lying like that in his dark flat, finally being able to relax when a noise made him hiss. It was his ring-tone. He got his phone out of his pocket to see that one name on the screen. He sat up before he accepted it.

"Hey." he said in a whisper, too exhausted to talk.
"Hey. You seem tired." Harry chuckled.
"I am exhausted." Louis lay down on his back right afterwards. Sitting was too exhausting.
"Had a lot to do?" Harry asked, his tone changing a bit.
"Not necessarily. I just-" Louis sighed, staring at the mold that was slowly growing in the corner of his room.
"Just haven't been feeling well." Louis licked his lips.
"Oh, are you falling ill?" Harry asked, his tone changing into a worried one.
"No, it's okay. It's just a headache. Nothing too alarming." Louis chuckled, trying not to worry Harry.
"Are you sure? I could come over and bring you something or cook you something if you need. I'd do anything for you, Lou." Louis was a blushing mess.
"No. Harry, I am fine, really. Thank you for being so nice to me." Louis could hear him chuckle on the other side.

"I'd drive to you in the middle of the night if you needed me to. Remember that." Louis noticed that his voice was genuine. He couldn't help the tears that began to form in his eyes.
"Why would you?" he couldn't believe someone actually cared this much about him.
"Why wouldn't I?" Harry frowned on the other side.
"I am not that important." Louis felt the tears running down his face.
"You are important to me." Louis just stayed silent, remembering all those times he had to be alone on everything because his father never cared about him. Louis had to grow up soon. He had to take care of himself right after his mother had died. He was 10. He was 10 and he was taking care of his father, until one day he woke up alone. His father was gone and he never returned. Louis realized he either ran away to start a new, better life or he died. He was an alcoholic, so the second option seemed much more realistic to Louis...

"Hey, you there?" Louis blinked a couple of times, realizing he had no idea what Harry had said before that.
"Yeah, here. Sorry."
"Do you really not need anything?" Louis shook his head.
"No, I am fine."
"Alright. I will let you rest then. Get some sleep, please." Louis smiled, Harry's words warming his heart.
"I will. You should too."
"I will, okay? See you, Louis."
"See you, Harry." Louis hung up, locking the phone, and putting it down on his chest.
Harry really seemed to care about him a lot.