Chapter Twenty-Eight: Wish

"The Akuma is in the pair of scissors, Chat Noir!" Pegasus shouts from a distance. Chat Noir looks up at the newly formed akumatized villain, a former hairdresser gone rogue. "Seems like someone had a bad hair day, huh?" King Monkey jokes, pointing up at her hair, strangling Pigella and Minotaurox before getting snatched up by the unfortunate hairdresser. Chat Noir winces, looking focusing on the scissors in one of her strands of messy hair. "Pegasus, I need you to use voyage; I can't get up there without being captured." He explains through his headset, dodging strands of hair in the process. "You got it, Chat." He confirms, "Voyage!" He states before stepping through and knocking the large pair of scissors to the ground. "CATACLYSM!" Chat exclaims before touching the akuma-infected object. Argos jumps out of his hidden area and captures the Akuma in a jar.
"AHHHHH!" Pigella, Minotaurox, and King Monkey shriek, falling 20 feet from the sky before being their fall is broken by Chat Noir's extended staff. Chat Noir nods towards all of them, thanking them before turning away. "Chat Noir, wait," Argos pleaded, extending his arm out towards him. Chat Noir inhales sharply before turning back around, "Yes, Argos?" He asks, wanting to leave before reporters arrive, and he slips up again. "Ladybug... She wants to meet tomorrow night...At the usual rooftop... She wants to explain." He informs, straightening his posture. Chat marches over to him, hesitantly looking at his allies, who looked almost as frightened as he felt on the inside. "Argos, why should any of us believe that." He sighs, putting his staff away. "Yeah! Why should we believe anything that comes from her? She's probably going to lie to us again!" Pigella shrieks, putting her hands up, frustrated. Argos sighs, "What other choice does she have, Chat Noir?" He mutters as he turns away to head to the area; only he knows where Ladybug is located.
    Chat Noir and everyone else involved watched him in anger, fear, and sadness. A mix of emotions they didn't know how to deal with. "Resume your patrolling. We will meet again before whatever meeting she has in store for us." Chat Noir states firmly through his teeth before pulling his staff out of its holster. Everyone went back to their respective duties and responsibilities, whether that's as a civilian or superhero.

"She wants to call a meeting, now? After two weeks of being absolutely silent? Isn't that ridiculous, Plagg?" Adrien grumbles, pacing his bedroom and running his fingers through his blond hair. "She remains hidden for me and everyone else to defeat the villains, and for what reason?" He adds, turning his body towards Plagg, stopping his pacing in the process. Plagg inhales, "What harm could it do to see her? You, out of all people, should know she won't have malicious intent." He explains, crossing his arms and staring into Adrien's green eyes to prove his point. "You don't know that; she's the guardian. She could take our miraculouses away with a swift demand." He mutters, leaning away from Plagg and turning towards his window. Plagg groans, "Ughhhh, why can't you just listen to me for once, Adrien!" He exclaims, frustrated with his speculations about Ladybug's intentions.
"You know, Plagg, I already have the miraculous of destruction... what's stopping me from taking the miraculous of creation? Maybe I could wish this whole thing never happened, and then Ladybug and I would never have had a falling out! Maybe I could wish for me actually to be" "ADRIEN, listen to yourself! You sound no better than you know who or the new butterfly holder." Plagg shouts, glaring at him. Adrien falls to the ground, putting his head in his palms. He sighs, "Do you really think I've lost my mind because I feel like I have, Plagg." He mumbles, fighting his tears. "Kid, listen, I know you've been through a lot, but that isn't something you should waste a wish on... a wish that would destroy our world as we know it," Plagg whispers, going down to his level. Adrien shakes his head, "No, you're wrong. This world is wrong. It wasn't supposed to be this way." He whispers as tears begin to trickle down his cheek. He lifts his head up, "My father made a wish; I know it." He whispers through his sobs, looking up at Plagg. Nathalie. "H-he didn't." He sobs, pulling his knees towards his chest. "Monarch... wished for Nathalie- t-to..." He started in between sobs, hugging his legs and coming back to his original realization from the same night. Plagg swallows hard, sitting down next to Adrien's thigh.
    Adrien grits his teeth, grasping at his jeans, "My father sacrificed himself for Nathalie to be cured... But his original intentions.." He mutters to himself as his knuckles turn white. "I killed him; he was dying before he sacrificed himself. I KILLED my father." He sobs, falling to his side and curling up into a ball on the floor.

Knock knock

Adrien sits up, wiping his eyes as he watches Plagg hide. "Yes?" He croaks, looking towards his door. The door creaks open slowly, "Adrien, you haven't responded to my-" Marinette starts before opening the door all the way. Adrien's eyes filled with tears at the sight of her, "I- our project; I'm sorry, I got sidetracked-" He whimpers, looking down at his tear-stained floor with a broken smile spread across his face. Marinette stands paralyzed as the door slowly shuts behind her. "Adrien..." She whispers, falling to her knees to meet him at eye level.
"What happened?" She questions as she reaches for tissues out of her bag. She tilts his head up to meet her eyes as she begins to wipe his tears away gently. "I've been thinking a lot lately... about my parents." He admits softly as she dabbles away at his chapped cheeks. She frowns, "I'm sorry, I should've waited for you to reply. I-" He grabs her hand mid-wipe and shakes his head. "No, Marinette, I need you to be here. I don't know where I would be without you. I would be lost." He whispers through his sobs as she blushes. She pulls her hand down to her side, his hand still wrapped around her wrist. She felt a single tear begin to stroll down her face before she embraced him tightly as his arms dangled to his sides. "I'm sorry you have to see me like-" He begins as he wraps his arms around her to exchange the gesture. "Sh, there's nothing to apologize for, Adrien." She comforts him, muffled through his white jacket.