we're Okay...

The transfusion helped, he's much better," Michael announced as he reentered the dining room where Clary and Calliope had been waiting. "He's gonna wanna see you," he turns to Clary who nodded her head, entering the kitchen. Just as Calliope was about to follow behind, she felt Michael's eyes staring at her.

"Can I um," he paused for a second, "can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked her. Skeptically, she eyes him, unsure if she could truly trust him when all the vibes she's been getting from him were not nice at all.

"Of course," Calliope reluctantly answered, sitting on a chair slightly farther away from him while he sat at the booth across the table she sat on.

"I feel as if I know you," he tells her, "you're so much like your mother," he chuckled.

"Much like your sister, you're fearless, and loving, and you got a mind of your own—"

"Thanks," she cuts him off, not wanting to hear words describing her mother from a man who Jace presumed to be dead.

"Stubborn, definitely your mother," he chuckled again.

"It served her well didn't it?" She asked him, "she was stubborn enough to keep me and my sister, and the cup safe from Valentine for years."

"That's right," Michael agreed, relaxing while Calliope kept her guard up. He notices of course, "I understand your skepticism towards me, I was supposed to be dead."

"Good, so you know that I will never trust you," she frowned at him.

"It's alright, but you know what? I never told him."

Her brows furrowed at this, "never told him what?"

"No matter how much he tormented me, I knew she was carrying you and your sister eighteen years ago."

"And so what?" She narrowed her eyes at him, "do I say thank you?"

"No… but—"

Calliope stands up from the seat, leaving Michael Wayland in the room, heated with the man's attempts to converse with her. But in that short, majorly one sided conversation, she was confused on what the man’s motives were, and her sister needed to know.

"Hey," she called out, announcing herself to both Clary and Jace who were in deep conversation… well they were making out most likely. "You look better," she tells Jace who is laid back, cheeks red and heated, she starts leaning against the seat Clary was sitting on.

"Thanks to your sister for the fresh blood," he says as he twirls his steele with his hand as if he didn't almost get poisoned.

"By the way, I was meaning to ask you something," Jace spoke up, sitting up from where he laid slowly, "I noticed a rune on you, I don't recognize it," he says.

"Rune? Where?" Clary asked, turning to her sister who slowly retracted her arms but Clary caught on and grabbed both of her hands. "Calliope, show me."

"It's not a big deal," Calliope sighed as her sister finally unveiled the rune that was drawn on her arm.

"What rune is this?" Clary asked Jace who peered over to see what the rune's shape wasm

"I don't know, I haven't seen it before," Jace answered, giving Calliope a stoic look on his face. "You need to be careful of the runes you draw."

"Yeah yeah, I know. It's dangerous, even Valentine knew that," she huffed, having heard the warnings a couple of times from Hodge before. Maneuvering herself to sit on an ottoman closer to where Jace initially laid on, glancing at the doors where she had entered after she spoke to Michael Wayland.