The Iron Sisters

Dear Clary, 

I hope you're doing okay, it's been wild since I got here in Idris that I didn't even get to write to you when I first got here. By the Inquisitor’s orders I was instructed to go straight into training, hopefully you're not as overworked in New York as I am here. 

So far, training is great, I met people here. There's Ezekiel who teaches me runes and the types of demons. (Who knew there were so many) and Adrian, who doesn't hold back on kicking my ass on the mat. (He teaches me combat, and he doesn't go down easy at all!) There's also Elijah and Francesca, they teach me about the history of the shadowhunters and more about the shadow world. 

Hopefully your training over there is not as crazily cramped as mine, I could barely get a mug of hot chocolate in between sessions. It makes me miss you and Izzy. You two always make it a point to insert a mandatory hot chocolate break. 

How is everyone? Is Jace still being a jackass? Is Izzy doing alright from her injuries? Is Simon still living back with his mom? Is Magnus still as sparkly as ever? (Why would I even ask this, of course he’s still as fabulous even when I’m not there) And Alec. Is he still blaming himself for mom’s death? 

I know it's going to be too much to ask of you. But can you remind Alec that it's not his fault? I worry that he’s beating himself up for it over and over again, I don't want him to blame himself like how Jace blamed himself for letting Valentine escape. Keep everyone grounded for me, yeah? I’ll write again soon!

Love you! 

Lots of love, 

Calli. 

Calliope felt cold as she watched herself in front of the mirror in the Heirbrook manor. Wearing a sleeveless ivory silk dress hugging her curves, her wrist adorned with Isabelle's gift and a few bangles and rings that had the Fairchild sigil, a pair of fairy wings carved over the white gold accessories. Given to her by Lydia who found them in the Branwell house here in Idris, said to have belonged to Charlotte Fairchild herself. Her hair up into an intricate bun, pinned with silver laurel leaves behind her head. Her runes looked darker with the dress on, the dress itself hugged her figure quite well. Wild knowing that this was a rune ceremony dress, it felt like she was getting married.

Usually, white was reserved for weddings, now in the shadow world she learned that white was actually reserved for ceremonies. And the last time she wore white was during the rite of passage, her mom’s rite of passage. 

“Are you ready?” Francesca asked, knocking from her door. Entering to reveal that she was in a champagne colored dress, with golden accessories, contrast to her silver and ivory themes. “that dress suits you,” the blond smiled. 

“Thanks, it's yours,” Calliope tries joked. 

Keeping her nerves in check that she was willing to push aside her anger for her and Elijah for sedating her for that trial. The moment she found the gate the strange man was talking about, she sprinted towards it just to be met by the couple. Neither of them acknowledged the fact that she looked like she went from hell and back. Which was true in a sense of course. 

She can be angry with them later, today she had no one from her family. She wasn't allowed to have her only living family with her at that very moment due to the Inquisitor's decree, nor was she able to request at least Isabelle to witness the ceremony. Hell, it was hard enough for her to request Lydia who was already in Idris to begin with. And thankfully her distant cousin was able to come through. 

“I am going to say this now, Calliope,” Francesca starts, holding up a thin chain with fairy wings as a pendant. “I will not apologize for what we put you through at the gate. But you should know that we didn't do that without confidence of you making it out.”