IW INTERVIEW: Alexander Explores Intuition

Alexander
@Afterburner182

🐇 Hello, Alexander. Thank you so much for sending this for our Q & A questions!

Please, share your thoughts...

🐇 Am I an intuitive writer?

🤗 In some sense you could consider me such a thing as an aspect of myself. But perhaps what I mean by that is different in the sense that I use intuition in the classical understanding.

Something I've been thinking about today is the phenomenon of intuition and how different people have thought of it and how it plays out.

According to Carl Jung, he thought intuition was a perceiving function that perceives elements of the unconscious and makes them consciously aware.

Plato thought intuition was a perceiving element of human rationality that enables people to see the essence of something and integrate that essence into themselves.

Some psychologists think intuition is pattern recognition. However, I think intuition is something of a hybrid of what Carl Jung and Plato thought of intuition as a perceiving function that allows people to make conscious their own subconscious perceptions as well as an ability to see into the essence of things that can't be expressed purely through verbal and sensory interaction.

I mean this in the sense that we can tangibly see what something does and intuitively understand the essence of what that thing is through what it does as the action and essence are connected in some way.

This is entirely different from how robots interact with the world solely through sensor information and algorithms that tell the robot what to do with that information hence can recognize patterns through mathematical formulas and models but never actually grasp the essence of something.

Such explains why the formula language models need millions of texts just to sound close to being human through pattern recognition according to a language model while we ourselves just do things naturally as we intuitively understand the essence of speech.

And when I think of intuition this way, I can see how undervalued intuition can be very damaging both personally and externally.

For example, when designing things to do a certain thing, we have to intuitively know what that thing is or we would probably spend millions of pages just trying to describe something very basic. If we intuitively understand underlying principles, we can use those principles and not have to reinvent the wheel for every single scenario or for every new experience we haven't experienced before.

As such, given how education seems to be done with repetition and punishments and rewards and neglects the intuitive capabilities results in lower comprehension and just makes people miserable.

In fact, it's using intuitive knowledge that I am able to make consistent stories without having to remember every single detail as those details can be generated from an intuitive understanding of characters and the world they live in.

If anything, if I were to sound like the great church father Gregory Palamas, I can think of Intuition as the thing that binds tangible energies to intangible essences even if we cannot get a direct view into the essence of created things directly. Hence, intuition is like the thing that allows us to see energy-essence distinctions and their union together.

🐇 What does intuitive writing mean in your process? How's it important to you?

🤗 Intuitive writing for me means understanding the essence and hypostates of those essences in order to understand how the story unfolds. It begins as a fuzzy image of things that progressively comes more into focus as time goes on just as I can get a fuzzy image of someone's essence at the beginning and begin to see it more clearly as time goes on.