Prologue

My life was a simple routine of cooking, cleaning, and studying.  I was the smartest out of my three siblings but also the youngest. My name is Amira al Hadi, Amira the Guide as they called me in my little village in Lebanon. I lived in a modest household that stood to respect modesty, courage, and wisdom. But my siblings didn't have those values in their lives. I did though, I obeyed my parents, respected my elders, and protected my village. 

What made me so different from everyone was my large red-orange wings. Yes, that's right, I have wings. My large wings also caused my parents to despise me and everyone else to mock me. 

I was walking home from helping around the village when I began to feel dizzy. I looked around me and saw everything becoming a blur. I wondered what was going on with me.

Then, everything became black as I collapsed. I wish things could change for the better. I wish to have friends whom I could chat with and understand. But I guess that can't be true.

I opened my eyes and looked around me to find that I was now on a metal train. I sat up and noticed a man with brown hair and a mustache looking at my wings. 

" Hey!, Mind your business creep," I snapped as I pushed him away using my left wing. 

" Easy kid, I was only looking at your wings. Where'd you get them anyway," asked the man. 

" None of your fricking business," I muttered as I turned away and covered my wings around me. 

" Sheesh, you're feisty huh? The name's Varrick by the way." said the man as he introduced himself.

I rolled my eyes and huddled my wings closer to me.  I really hated this guy. 

" Enough Varrick. Leave her alone," said a voice. I opened my wings and saw a woman right before me. She had green eyes, tan skin, and black hair that was neatly tied into a bun.