The cannon upclose

The next day, I followed the others to the factory to free Suyin and her family. We knocked out and tied up some of the guards. I flew up and landed on the ceiling of the factory. I watched as Baatar and Kuvira talked as Zhu Li prepared the cannon but it began to malfunction.

" What's happening?" said Kuvira as she glanced at Baatar. " I'm not sure. Probably something minor," said Baatar as he opened a small door. Smoke rose from the metal door as Baatar waved the smoke away from his face. " The distributor pin is gone! I swear I locked in place yesterday. There's no way it could've just fallen out," said Baatar.

" And this could cause the weapon to fail?" asked Kuvira as she raised an eyebrow " It could cause it to explode," said Baatar. Kuvira turned to Zhu Li and walked towards her with a menacing look on her face. " What do you know about this?" asked Kuvira as she approached Zhu Li. " Nothing," replied Zhu Li as she stepped back. Kuvira then used her metal bending to pull out the pin that was missing. " I gave you a chance at greatness. This is how you repay me!?" snapped Kuvira. 

" You're a monster, I owe you nothing... absolutely nothing," said Zhu Li in a cold tone. Kuvira's face flashed with anger as she grabbed Zhu Li and pushed her down. Kuvira looked at Baatar and ordered him to have Zhu Li chained up in the town nearby where they would test their weapon.

" Jesus Christ..." I said feeling a lump in my throat. This woman was taking things too far. " Oh no.." replied " We better do something and fast," I replied as I swooped down to find that the others had already escaped. " We have to stop that majnouna now!" I said my voice still shaking from what I had witnessed. " What's wrong?" asked Bolin sensing that something else was going on. " Kuvira's planning to kill that woman we saw earlier. The one named Zhu Li," I said as I breathed in trying to calm myself down. " What!?" said everyone as their eyes widened in shock.

" We have to go save her," said Bolin as he stood to leave. " We can't go there, kid. It's suicide. Kuvira's on to us," said Lin. Bolin ignored Lin's warning and Opal and I followed her.

A/N:

Amira/Romana is a Lebanese Christian character and Shireen is Muslim. Some chapters will have references to Lebanese Christian culture as well as Iraqi culture and Lore of jinn. 

A little foreshadowing here but Romana's mother isn't who she claims to be