Return to Republic City.

As I had expected, everyone questioned me on where I had been. I was pretty pissed at Baatar Jr for tasing me. I sighed and told everyone what had happened shocking everyone and pissing Shireen off.

" He did what?! La, La, la. He's not getting away with that, not on my watch" said Shireen as she yelled angrily. Everyone else was glad that I was back but I felt confused. Baatar Jr's words still rang in my head. Why was he apologizing to me when he didn't even know me that well?

That evening, I was sitting on the roof of Air Temple Island when Shireen approached me holding two bowls of Indomie. The smell of the chicken curry-flavored noodles reminded me of Jabal elnimr. I happily took the bowl from Shireen and moved aside for Shireen to sit next to me.

" Ah, how I missed having Indomie since we ended here," I commented as I began to eat the noodles. " I couldn't agree more," Shireen replied with a chuckle, calming my nerves.

Shireen and I met when we were six years old when Shireen's family moved from Mosul, Iraq to Jabal elnimr for safety from the war in their country. I had been walking around singing Ma ridak ba'd rouh, my favorite Iraqi song by Kadem al Saher when I bumped into Shireen, who at the time, was very shy and quiet.

I greeted her and offered her one of my feathers as a gift. Shireen hesitated but accepted it nonetheless. A while later, we began to hang out and soon we became inseparable. One tiny event can change the life of a person, and that saying isn't wrong.

My life may have been rocky but I'm glad I have a friend like Shireen. Your greatest strength is that you have someone to lookout for.