The winged woman.

Writer's POV:

Amira was on the roof looking at the city skyline. She looked around her and noticed that the skyline seemed different compared to the mountains of Lebanon. She wanted to fly away but had nowhere to go.

" Hello there," said a voice interrupting Amira's train of thought. Amira turned around and noticed the source of the voice. The voice belonged to a woman with gray hair, olive-brown skin,  green clothing with metal cuffs, and a metal necklace. " Merhaban," replied Amira as she stretched out a hand to the woman. " I'm Suyin Beifong, the leader of Zaofu, what is your name?" asked the woman. " I'm Amira Al Hadi, but my real name is Romana bint Umair bin Al Hadi," said Romana with a smile as she showed Suyin her passport. " That's a nice name, but tell me what does..." said Suyin before Romana interrupted her. " Merhaban means Hello in Arabic," said Romana with a smile.

The two women chatted as Romana got to know more about the new world she was in. She was also surprised to learn that Kuvira was the adopted daughter of Suyin and that Baatar was her son. " No offense, but your son is crazy if he wants to be with that majnouna'," said Romana with a chuckle. " I wish he'd be more like you. So how was life like for you before you came here," said Suyin. 

Amira sighed and began to explain everything about her life to Suyin. How people treated her, her annoying brothers, her emotionally abusive parents. Suyin looked at Amira with sympathy and pity. She wondered how much Romana had suffered. Suyin then left leaving Romana alone as she flew over Republic City and looked over the skyline below her.