Chapter Twenty - Falling

Emily's POV:

Stephanie runs up to Michelle and kisses her.

I immediately leave the room. The last thing I heard them say before I was gone was "I missed you so much babe, I'm sorry."

I ran into Studio A and sat on one of the benches, crying my eyes out.

After around 10 minutes I see Michelle come in and I quickly wipe my tears away.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" She says, sitting down beside me.

I look at her before quickly looking back down.

"Did you want some alone time?" She asks.

"Yeah... but the dancers are coming in soon and now you've showed up." I say. "Where's Stephanie?"

"Why?" She asks.

"You guys seemed pretty busy earlier." I say, refusing to make eye contact.

Michelle's POV:

I sit in silence for a moment.

"Emily there's something I wanna tell you." I say to her.

"Forget it Michelle, it's okay." She says.

"How do you know what I wanna say?" I ask her, smiling a bit.

"You don't have to apologise. I'm happy for you." She says, looking at me for a brief moment before returning her eyes to the floor.

"Apologise for what?" I ask her, confused.

"You two getting back together." She says.

"Stephanie and me? We're not back together." I say, smiling at her.

"You're not?" She asks as she makes eye contact for more than a second for the first time during the conversation.

"She wanted us to get back together, but I told her I wasn't interested." I say.

Emily lets out a huge sigh. "Michelle, you're such a wuss. I mean, grow up, already. She already told you she wanted you what more do you need?"

I look at the ground and take a deep breath. "You."

"What?" She asks with a look of shock in her eyes.

"I told her I wanna be with you." I say, smiling at her.

"Really?" She asks, surprised.

I nod. "I told her she was great but..." I take a long pause, preparing myself for what I was about to say. "I'm in love with you."

She doesn't say anything.

"Didn't you know?" I ask her.

"No." She says, looking down at the floor.

"And now that you do?" I ask her, my hands trembling.

She looks at me before pressing her soft lips onto mine.

I pull her in for a hug and she kisses my cheek, still not saying anything.

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner but-" I say.

"It's fine. I'm in love with you too okay?" She says before kissing me again.

We both sit there on the bench, admiring each other.

"When did you realise?" She asked me.

"The first moment I walked into the office and I saw you again after 7 years. It was like... an overwhelming feeling. And I just knew. I just... didn't want to act upon it in case-" I say.

"In case I didn't feel the same way." Emily finished the sentence for me and I nod.

She smiles and kisses me again before walking into the office.

"And go get that paperwork from Studio B that you never got!" She shouts to me, laughing.

"Okay, my love." I say, walking out of Studio A.

Emily Talking Head:

'My love'. It's cheesy. But I love it. I really do love it...