Chapter Nineteen - A Familiar Face

Michelle's POV:

It was a week later. I woke up to the sound of Emily singing in the shower.

I laughed as I put my head under the pillow, trying to block out the sound.

She was a good singer. And I loved hearing her sing. Just not at 6 in the morning.

She came into the room, laughing and clapping to music she was obviously just thinking of in her head.

"Why are you so cheery today then?" I ask her.

"Have you forgotten? I get to go to the hospital today and I might get this stupid bandage off!" She cheers as she jumps on the bed.

"Oh yeah... what time do you want to go at?" I ask her, my head still under the pillow.

"Well... we have to go before rehearsal and A&E opens at 7am. So we can leave at 6.45 then be there for 7, be out by 7.30 and be at the studio for 8!" She says.

"Wow... you have this thought out, don't you?" I say, finally bringing my head out from under the pillow to see her.

Her hair was ties back in a messy bun and she was holding her towel tightly to her chest.

"Of course! Rule 1 of being a studio head. You always have to be prepared!" She says.

I smile at her, my stare lasting longer than a few seconds. She catches on to it.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing I just- you look really beautiful today." I say to her.

"Why thank you." She says, striking a dramatic pose.

"Come here." I say, opening my arms for a hug.

She flops into my arms and I wrap them around her, feeling her warm embrace.

"Thank you for these past few months. I don't know what I would've done without you." I say.

She places a hand on my chest. "No problem. We're still friends. And friends help each other out, right?"

I nod, kissing her forehead. "Yeah... friends help each other out." I say. "And that's why, as your friend, I'm taking you to the hospital."

Michelle Talking Head:

I had to bring up that I had to take her to the hospital because if I just kept laying there with her in my arms- never mind..."

Michelle's POV:

After we both get changed we drive to the hospital.

I sit in the waiting room for Emily to come out.

As she had planned, Emily came to the waiting room at exactly 7.30am. I don't know how she did it...

She shows me her arm, which has no bandage on it and I hug her.

"Alright. Studio here we come!" She says.

Emily drives us to the studio.

We listen to The 1975 in the car. I hadn't listened to them in years. Stephanie never liked them, and it was always me and Emily's thing. She played me some of the new ones, including her favourite 'Give Yourself A Try'.

I gotta admit... it's a great song.

As I watched her sing along, it reminded me of after our first date.

Emily drove fast so we arrived at the Studio 20 minutes earlier than expected.

We sat in the car for an extra few minutes, so we could listen to Chocolate.

Once that was finished we went into the Studio and sat down in the office.

"Hey... I think I left some paperwork in Studio B. I'm gonna go get it." I say to her.

"I'll come with." She says.

I nod and pull her up from the chair.

We walk into Studio B and see a girl with dark hair.

She turns around to face us.

"Hey babe." She says with a smile.

"Stephanie?"