Chapter Eleven - Date

Emily's POV:

I sat up sleepily in Michelle's bed. She wasn't there. I text my mom saying I spent the night at a friends. She seemed okay with it. I rubbed my eyes and went downstairs, thinking Michelle would be there but she wasn't. I text picked up my phone and texted her.

Me: Michelle where are you!?

Michelle🥰: I'm out babe. Be back soon!

Me: What am I supposed to do!?

Michelle🥰: Make yourself some breakfast

Me: What are you doing out at 6am?

Michelle🥰: Don't worry about it. I'll be back in an hour!

Me: See you then!

I can't believe she's left me alone in her house. This has got to be the most awkward situation I've ever been in.

I felt bad going and taking something out her kitchen without her there so I just went back to bed.

About 2o minutes later I heard the door open and then close again.

I figured it was Michelle so I ran out her room only to halt at the top of her staircase, realising it was her parents.

I run back to the bedroom, quietly panicking. I hope they didn't see me. I could hear them arguing downstairs but I wasn't sure what about. Her mom came storming upstairs, followed by her dad. I hid under the bed knowing I was in trouble. They both came into her room.

"She isn't here." Her mom said.

"She'll be out. She's a teenager." Her dad replies.

As they go to leave the room I look to my right and see the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life.

Emily Talking Head:

I only have 2 fears. Losing Michelle and spiders. In this case it was spiders but what I did next might lead to the other one.

Emily's POV:

I screamed and climbed out from under the bed. Both of Michelle's parents turn around in shock.

"Uhh..." I can't speak.

"Who the heck are you!?" Her dad asks, angrily.

I bury my nerves and begin speaking.

"I'm Michelle's friend, Emily. You guys must be Mr and Mrs Baldesarra." I put out my hand for a handshake. They both ignore it.

"And why are you in her bedroom at 6 in the morning?" Her mom asks, getting impatient.

"W-we had a sleepover. I hope that was okay ma'am."

"You were asleep in the same bed?" Her dad asks.

"N-no sir. I-i slept on the floor."

He nods, giving me a nasty look.

"And where is she?" Her mom asks.

"Michelle? I'm not sure. When I woke up she was gone." I say.

"Is that Michelle's pyjamas you're wearing?" Her dad asks.

"N-no. We just... accidentally matched?" I lie.

"Alright. You can leave now." Her dad says, moving away from the doorway. "I assume you'll see yourself out."

"Y-yes sir." I say, grabbing my things and heading outside.

I didn't have a car so I had to walk back to my house in my pyjamas.

I texted Michelle again.

Me: So... I met your parents... they kicked me out of the house. I'm home now though so it's all good.