The Promise

Have you guys read the IDW 2011 Ghostbusters comics? I really like the art style~

Ray and Egon worked in silence.

"What's up fellas!" Peter said, breaking into the room, immediately touching something he shouldn't. "Heard y/n had a hot date yesterday so I'm assuming it wasn't with you, Spengs?"

Egon coughed.

"I told him not to mention it." Winston said sympathetically.

"Tough break Egon, but really it's not the end of the world. One date means nothing, it's child's play. You can easily recover"

"He's right about that, actually." said Winston.

"I'm not concerned about her going on a date, Nor do I have any intention of dating her, for the reasons I previously stated... " he said, a lie the others instantly saw through.

"You say that but I'm sure you're still realllyyyy jealous. Even I am!" Peter said, tossing a beaker into the air and catching it.

"Careful with that Venkman" Egon said, taking the beaker from him. "I'm not quite sure what you mean by jealousy. Although I have to admit that ever since Y/n went on her date, I've found myself experiencing.. An influx of unidentifiable emotions. Anxiety, and underlying feeling of annoyance or irritability, I find myself avoiding interactions with y/n but simultaneously I keep looking for her,"

"That is jealousy, man," said Winston.

"But why would I be experiencing something so immature as jealousy? She's a human being, I don't have any ownership over her. And we aren't.. involved."

"Probably because you like her and want to be involved? You are way overthinking this."

"Overthinking is the only type of thinking he knows how to do. But I agree,  you are making this so much more difficult and convoluted than it needs to be. Just be honest with yourself and figure out what you want because frankly, this is starting to annoy us all." said Ray.

"What I want?" Egon thought to himself. He didn't often consider what he wanted, other than a sweet treat. Or maybe he was always thinking about what he wanted, which up until now had usually been related to his work and studies. He rarely wanted something unrelated to it.

"I will.... Have to ponder this."

"Yeah you do that, Plato." Winston said.

"I hate to interrupt but I've got a date of my own so I'll see you guys later." said Peter doing finger guns.

"Nice timing, man."

"Sorry. But Egon, you've got this in the bag. Trust me." he said, winking, before running out the door.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Even if we told you, you wouldn't believe us." Winston said, Ray laughing.

There was a knock on the door as Y/n simultaneously walked through, sensing a bit of awkwardness in the atmosphere.

"Sorry to interrupt, a call just came in of a possible class 2 sighting in Washington Square." Y/n said.

"Ray and I got this one, Y/n just keep Egon out of trouble." said Winston, waving at Ray to follow him. Egon put his face in his hand at Winston's obvious attempt to get them alone, which he hoped Y/n hadn't noticed.