Chapter 13

Derek's first time having sex with Stiles was better than he imagined. And he'd imagined it quite a few times. He wasn't an extremely vocal person during sex; it was actually one of the few things he felt a bit self-conscious about. Derek was never the type to be very outspoken anyway; he was careful with his words, and more of a listener than a talker (which was ironic considering he chose teaching for a career). Still though, teaching a class is different than talking about yourself. Derek's least favorite subject was himself.

But despite the slight insecurities about being vocal, Derek ended up just throwing them out the window. In that moment, being there with Stiles, he just didn't care. Didn't think about it. In fact, he didn't think about anything aside from how good it felt, how tight Stiles was, his moans making Derek moan himself. Derek had never taken anyone's virginity before; the first guy he was with was just some upperclassman in college, a drunken hookup. Nothing intimate or special about it. So Derek was kind of glad he could give Stiles a good experience for his first time with a guy. And it'd be a lie if Derek said this was purely for selfless reasons; he was attracted to Stiles, immensely. And it felt good to finally just embrace that and stop trying to deny it so much. He liked the guy. And he really liked fucking the guy.

However, he didn't want Stiles to get the wrong idea about what they were doing, so he suggested he leave after they were done. Derek felt like an asshole, fucking him and then telling him to go home. But what, was he gonna just invite Stiles to spend the night? That might give the guy the wrong impression, or it could lead to a level of intimacy they did not need to get into. This was already risky enough. Bringing feelings into the mix? No way, that was a line Derek wouldn't cross. Couldn't cross.

They had sex several more times over the following few days, each time even better than before. When Stiles suggested riding Derek on the couch, Derek was pleasantly surprised and very into it. So into it, that he didn't even realize Stiles essentially tricked him into agreeing to some spring break getaway. After sex, Derek initially shot it down. There was no way he was gonna do this. Stiles was going on vacation with his friends. But between Stiles' persuasion attempts, Derek actually did start to think about it. He hadn't been on a vacation in forever. And he'd never been to Vegas, either. When he was a teenager, Las Vegas was on his bucket list. But Vegas was on every teenager's bucket list. Adulthood came and life got in the way.

Derek decided to go for it. Like Stiles said, Vegas was huge. After Stiles left, Derek did some research into hotels far enough away from the Venetian where there wasn't a chance to run into Stiles' friends, but not so far Stiles would have to spend 2 hours walking there. One wouldn't ever guess from the way Derek lived, but he was rich. Really rich. The Hale family was one of the most prominent families in Beacon Hills so they were already wealthy to begin with. After the fire, Derek inherited everything. Peter had his bearer bonds and half of what was in the Hale vault so it wasn't like he struggled. In fact, quite the opposite. Peter got richer after the fire. But Derek got the insurance money from the fire, the life insurance from both his parents, and the other half of the vault which was filled with all kinds of valuable things. Derek got his mother's bearer bonds – she and Peter shared them – but all of this money was put in an account for Derek, inaccessible until he turned 18.

When he ran away, after he turned 18 he didn't even care about the money. So he pulled student loans to pay for school and worked construction to make a living. When he did get back to Beacon Hills, he still didn't want the money. Peter was the one who convinced him to go contact the lawyer and open the account after struggling to make his student loan payments and afford rent for 3 months. Paying off his student loans did make things easier, but the majority of that money was still untouched. He didn't ever treat himself to nice things, but maybe he should this time. So he looked up luxury hotels and settled on the ARIA. It was fancy, and even the basic rooms were nicer than any hotel he'd ever stayed in before.