Curse Womb Must Die -II-

WORD COUNT: 4580 words

MEGUMI AND [NAME] RECOILED AT THE QUICKENING SHIFT IN CURSED ENERGY IN FRONT OF THEM

MEGUMI AND [NAME] RECOILED AT THE QUICKENING SHIFT IN CURSED ENERGY IN FRONT OF THEM. THE SPECIAL GRADE CURSE WAS DEAD.

"The innate domain is closed off..." [Name] mumbled to Megumi. He glanced at her, the two exchanging similar expressions and silent words. Something wasn't right.

Tension gripped [Name]'s shoulder intensely as a clawed hand traced its way up her back and around her shoulders, eliciting goosebumps of fear. A hitch in her breath mirrored Megumi's as the new presence revealed itself with a low, growl-like pitch.

"Sorry, but he isn't going to be coming back," Sukuna's gravely voice croaked from behind [Name]. The latter fixed her gaze onto the curse as he saundered off, his hand disappearing from her body but still leaving a lingering feeling of disgust on her rigid shoulder. "There's no reason to be scared, I'm in such a good mood right now! Let's just chat for a bit."

Sukuna placed himself in front of Megumi and [Name], particularly eyeing the girl. Their bodies were rigid with fear- this situation reminding Megumi of his encounter with the special grade curse alongside Itadori earlier in their mission.

"The kid had it coming for just using me without making any kind of a deal, and now it feels like he's having some trouble switching back," Sukuna easily conversed as if his presence was ordinary for the two sorcerers in front of him. He clawed at Itadori's uniform, effectively tearing it to shreds to reveal more of his tattoos plastered onto Itadori's bare torso. "But then no matter what he did, this would've ended up the same."

Megumi focused intensely on Sukuna while anticipating any sudden movements from the curse. His hand subconsciously moved to rest against [Name]'s arm, a need to shield her. He could feel she was just as afraid as he was when her arm tensed underneath his protective touch.

"So, I've been thinking about the different ways I can do this!" Sukuna chuckled, evil resounding within his laugh. His clawed fist reached towards the median of his chest. Megumi gasped, his hand now fully grasping onto [Name]'s arm. [Name] could feel her throat tightening up as she inched closer to Megumi ever so slightly.

Sukuna's hand suddenly pierced through Itadori's skin and ribs, blood gushing out of the wound and Sukuna's fanged smile. At the sight of this, [Name] could taste a hint of bile rising up from her throat.

"What are you doing?" Megumi stuttered out, somehow grasping onto [Name] even tighter.

Not even seconds later, Itadori's heart rested delicately in the palm of Sukuna's claws, beating and pulsating.

"I'm taking this brat hostage." Sukuna grinned.

"What do you mean?" [Name] spat out, her fear swiftly being replaced by an unfamiliar anger. Sukuna tilted his head slightly, showing his sudden interest in [Name]'s change in demeanor.